Round 22: Essendon vs Gold Coast: Changes, Discussion and Match-Ups

Yep, good point reincarnated.

I’ve edited my post re the last line.

Against Gold Coast I would rest Ryder and Play bellchambers a full game with daniher for a chip out.

Should be good confidence boost for bellchambers. Plus Ryder carried ruck majority of season.

Changes

In bellchambers Carlisle

Out ryder( soreness) melksham

Need to get % here

Yeah, I’m not really comfortable resting anyone this week provided they get through on the track.

Have to respect the opponent who appear to be tiring, but are still a reasonable mathematical chance to make finals.

Pick the best possible side, and get the WIN.

Then assess the risks in the last round of resting certain players, with the result of the NM v Adelaide game known.

Therefore…Winders and Goddard play if fit.

Chappy gets the SUB vest.

Carlisle(preferred) or TBC for Melksham.

Assuming NM do the job on Adelaide, take a punt in the last game and rest the following guys…

• Ryder
  • Goddard
  • Winderlich
  • Perhaps Chappy & Howlett(or SUB vest)
  • Carlisle (only if the back spasms are still causing him problems)

INS for Rd.23 from…

TBC, Dell, Gleeson, Ashby, Jetta, Kav, Melk

We arent good enough to rest players. Play our full strength team, win. Then rest our sore boys against the scum

Yeah, I'm not really comfortable resting anyone this week provided they get through on the track.
Have to respect the opponent who appear to be tiring, but are still a reasonable mathematical chance to make finals.
Pick the best possible side, and get the WIN.
Then assess the risks in the last round of resting certain players, with the result of the NM v Adelaide game known.
Therefore.....Winders and Goddard play if fit.
Chappy gets the SUB vest.
Carlisle(preferred) or TBC for Melksham.
Assuming NM do the job on Adelaide, take a punt in the last game and rest the following guys......
- Ryder
- Goddard
- Winderlich
- Perhaps Chappy & Howlett(or SUB vest)
- Carlisle (only if the back spasms are still causing him problems)
INS for Rd.23 from.....
TBC, Dell, Gleeson, Ashby, Jetta, Kav, Melk

I agree on not resting players at this stage. We've got to take both games seriously and try to win with our best team and therefore resting anyone before the finals would be crazy. Of course if they are carrying something then that's a different story.

If we’re going to rest guys some of our small forqards then I’ll play Gleeson, Ashby, Dell or Orazio. Either one of those guys can do damage.

But if Chappy and BJ is fit enough, they’ll play. If I were to rest anyone, it’ll be Paddy since the suns rucks aren’t that good. Ding dong could have a field day here.

I’ll go with:

Out: Ryder (rest), Melk

In: Carlisle, Ding dong.

Given our record against sides that are supposedly much weaker than us on paper, I would not be comfortable with resting players just yet. We need the win against GC to be comfortable about making finals and not banking on the last round beating the scum. If you are medically fit, you play.

GO BOMBERS!!!

Id go with

In: Gleeson, Carlise, Jetta

Out: Goddard, Chapman, Melksam,

Rest goddard/chapman so they can be firing for the last round/finals

I think we should start settling our line up for the finals, should we make it of course.

No mass changes unless we absolutely have to.

Looks like we have a lot of sore boys in Licha, Chappy and BJ but hopefully with good recovery sessions, they'll pull through.
In: Carlisle
Out: Melksham (omitted)
B: Baguley Hurley Steinberg
HB: Dempsey Hooker Hibberd
C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Carlisle Chapman
FF: Winderlich Daniher Ambrose
RR: Ryder Heppell Hocking
I: Colyer Myers Zerrett SUB:Howlett
Who does Hocking tag: Prestia or O'Meara?
Apparently GCS had major injuries too in Dixon and Stanley.
We win this: we make finals!

Agree! Jerrett and Gleeson have to be considered if any mids are too sore. Belly considered if Hurls, Ryder or Carlisle can't get up. Those three are underdone, I know but still pretty handy replacements.

I think we should start settling our line up for the finals, should we make it of course.

This, need some continuity.
Carlisle for Stein.
Melk to sub are the only moves im making.

Carlisle for Stein.

Seriously Aceman, why drop Stein ?
There's no Fletch OR Pears for the rest of the season.
At least give him the next couple to get comfortable at the level.
Afterall, we might need him in the finals, unless you want to force Hibberd or Baguley to play tall.
Just makes absolutely ZERO sense to drop him after 1 game, when we have no alternatives in his position.

If Goddard is sore and doesn't get up what about Ashby?

Kicked key goals in the 2s and is a good mark for his size. Has already played some reasonable games earlier this year.

Did any of the VFL watchers see him?

Carlisle for Stein.
Seriously Aceman, why drop Stein ?
There's no Fletch OR Pears for the rest of the season.
At least give him the next couple to get comfortable at the level.
Afterall, we might need him in the finals, unless you want to force Hibberd or Baguley to play tall.
Just makes absolutely ZERO sense to drop him after 1 game, when we have no alternatives in his position.
I see your point but Jake must come in if fit.
Against GC I think we need leg speed so we cant drop a small. Its all about matchups, against Carlton then Stein plays, against GC he doesnt

LEEEEEEROY

You know it makes sense you tossers, we need someone with half a clue going forward.

LEEEEEEROY
You know it makes sense you tossers, we need someone with half a clue going forward.

well theres your problem

Leroy JETTA

Doubt Carlisle gets up. Locks has cramped in the last quarter the last two weeks. He must be rested if he hasn't already tweaked something. Ryder barely got up for this week, hurls and bj played sore.
I reckon play Ryder fwd this week and bring in tbell. Rest licha and one of bj or chappy.
In: tbell Gleeson
Out: licha, bj
Bags hurls stein
Demps hooker pig
Stanton jobe zaha
Tbell hepp hocking
Colyer JD zerret
Ambrose Ryder chappy
Gleeson Myers howlett - Melk

Yep. This.

can we call this thread:

<a  class="" href="http://bomberblitz.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1743-round-22-essendon-vs-gold-coast-changes-discussion-and-match-ups/" title="Round 22: Essendon vs Gold Coast: Changes, Discussion and Match-Ups - started  Today, 02:22 PM"><span>Round 22: Essendon vs ....wheres Gaz? : Changes, Discussion and Match-Ups</span></a>

?