Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

I also heard dimma won’t be in the box this week, as he’s decided he can no longer coach against the love of his life. He passed the job to caracella who also declined.

2 Likes

He’s coaching against Mrs Hardwick?

3 Likes

As highlited earlier other players will come in and believe if they play well they could end up being undroppablw like Townsend last year. If]tks a fallacy to think just because big name players are out the underdog can win. Richmond have a s will be tough regardless of personnel out and we still don’t know who our outs are but Fanta is huge for us. We just need to ficus on our game not who Richmond have out.

Fair enough. But I’d imagine our fired up “best 22” players should be able to manage the “motivated” 2nd tier players of Richmond.

Yes Richmond are good but they are beatable. If Geelong could push them, I don’t see why we can’t.

Yep. Couldn’t give a fig who’s in or out.

6 Likes

ficus

3 Likes

Makes sense, hold onto the ball as long as you can then throw it

1 Like

What have they decided to rest a few? Hope so.

Hardwick is looking after his old club!

1 Like

I hope they’re ok.

7 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

6 Likes

Break a leg

I am hearing whispers that Prestia is now back in but will likely be out again before Friday.

Stay tuned.

5 Likes

Maybe he’s just doing the hokey pokey

4 Likes

Prestia being out or not won’t make much difference to the result
The game will be won or lost depending upon how we can beat their defensive structure.
We couldn’t do it against the Hawks who actually defend the G very well, i’m not sure how we will do it against the tigers but what i’m hoping for is an improved performance from dream time.

1 Like

This is a true test of how far we’ve come this season. Im looking forward to seeing our overall structures and defensive side of the game hold up.

Our defence must force inside 50’s wide. They want entries to be central to either take the unlikely contested mark or let their crumbing pressure fwds get to business. Let them go wide, always try to have a player between ball carrier and goals ready to smother a kick to the corridor. We also need cohesion to set up a goal keeper role. Richmond kick more goals than any other team from the goal square and dribbles. We doing this puts way more pressure on the running goal kicker that he has to kick high and straight.

If we gain territory but turnover we need to defend the corridor. Our half backs must push up and hold up the wings so they cannot run and put it inside 50. Force them to take a risk into the corridor against our numbers or kick long down the line. Boundary line is our friend, punch that ball over the line and reset. Most of the year on the rebound we have given up too much run and no pressure down the wings. Half backs, wings and forwards have to shut this down.

If the early intel is correct and a few of their mids are out we can get on top of them around the stoppages. Again boundary line is our friend, more stoppages the better. We can also play defensive footy while there primary mids are on and when they rotate ramp it up and see if their secondary mids can go with us.

Danger zone - 80-110 meters outside goal. Such an important part of the ground where ball use needs to be effective. Must hit a leading target, kick to touch or run it and kick long to get over the defence. This area in particular Richmond trust their defence and man up the runners to prevent a link of handballs which puts extra pressure on the ball carrier to make the right decision.

I hope we go with Hooker fwd but if Martin goes fwd and looks to dominate I’d swap Francis to full forward and Hooker back. Brown and Baguley/Walla to play as the lead ups. Stringer and Hooker/Francis to create a contest deep inside 50. Our KPP’s must stretch the ground at both ends of the ground. Clustering at both ends is what Richmond thrive on.

In the end it comes down to the basics. Richmond are the best at the basics and the percentages. Our efficiency in front of goal has to be spot on, we will need to kick a winning score. Our ball use around the ground has to be effective. We have to be clean, can’t fumble, can’t be handballing for no gain and can’t miss too many targets.

McNiece Hurley Saad
McKenna Francis Dea

Zaka Heppell McGrath
TBC Myers Zerrett

Smith Brown Baguley
Walla Hooker Stringer

Langford Parish Colyer Guelfi

Even if Goddard is good to play I think he’s too slow for this one. Here’s hoping Saad and Guelfi can get up. Laverde would be my 23rd man.

2 Likes

Hope I’m wrong but cant help that we might see a repeat of Dreamtime those kents seem to lift an extra gear against us

1 Like

And for the love of god do something about Edwards sick of seeing that kent embarras us

2 Likes

Yes, I would much prefer Edwards to be an OUT, than Prestia or Lambert. He is a very underestimated player. Kills us each time we play them.

1 Like

Sydney.

But they lost to Freo, at the G, last year.
St Kilda and Melbourne, at the G, in 2016

Very good side. But not unbeatable.