Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

That they stay out?

We’re gonna ■■■■■■■ win

2 Likes

At best.

You’d think that hurts them but given how much he’s stunk against Top 8 sides it might actually help…

1 Like

Yep but getting Hibberd and Melksham back.

If we subscribe to conspiracy theories (which I tend not to) then it will be interesting to see how this game is umpired. Because the AFL would presumably love us to win this game. It means nothing to Richmond but for us would potentially set up a Friday night knock out final against Port (a lot else would need to happen but it would keep the door ajar and, importantly, Essendon fans with hope).

2 Likes

Yeah big ins.

Still no Viney and he’s been a big loss for them also. Missed his leadership and impact in the clinches.

1 Like

After watching us kicking the ball to Allir, Stratton, May, Andrews, I can’t see how we can kick a goal past Rance.

Does he have soreness too?

Rance is no longer the top rated KP defender in the competition ( McGovern and Andrews are ahead of him right now. His form has dropped steadily over the last half of the season, that is about 10% off his peak.
Its possible that teams have him figured out, and are playing on him and making it more difficult for him.
However, we are highly unlikely to send a player to him, so, expect Rance to be back to his best in this game.

2 Likes

Richmond is the only club in the league with a worse record than us with the Umpires. Hopefully we’ll get a good run.

1 Like

Yeah this was apparent even back in the 1st 6 weeks of the season. Definitely come off his levels of a year or two ago.

Given that free kick counts have been well and truly in our favour in a number of the games since we complained to the AwFuL a month ago, I dont know whether they want us to win to boost TV ratings, or want to avoid accusations of AwFuL bias against us . Subtle difference.

1 Like

i just hope we boo the fk out of rance. flog.

3 Likes

I just tried to get the $3 but it changed to $2.75 as I was about to do it.

I got on yesterday at $3.75

1 Like

Well l have never heard of Dirranbandi before, so that makes it a 0 - 0 draw. That is all l can make of it. Hope it is enough.

1 Like

Syndicate?

3 Likes

Unibet has an Odds Boost paying $4.50 with max $50 bet.

1 Like

Odds for us making the finals would still be better than this game I assume.

Worth a pineapple down

Well they should be super confident but they are basically saying that their second string side will defeat Essendon!