Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

I felt Hawthorn game was big and we would have turned up ‘ready’ to smash them. I am still hurting from that ■■■■ defensive efforts.

If I was the coach I would put a rocket up their backsides. It has to be the biggest game under woosha.

Doesn’t matter about finals. This is to make a statement that we are back as a football club. Something to remember the season by.

12 Likes

Port are ripe for the plucking. No Dixon or Ryder. Hooker forward. Just have to climb this mountain next Friday and it’s all in our own hands. Well, fairly.

1 Like

Do Richmond have any injuries?

No one that would really change their game style or output. Nankervis was really just rested this week I think.

Nank had a corked quad.

Would be great for us if he still battling with it as fresh ruck vs sore overworked Belly not ideal

2 Likes

Ins: Dea Guelfi
Outs: Saad Fantasia

Dea Hurley Mcgrath
Goddard Francis Mckenna
Guelfi Smith Heppell
Baguely Brown colyer
Tippa Hooker Stringer
Belly Merrett Myers
Langford Parish Zacka mcniece

If Dusty gets a Bullshit Free kick in the goal square again I’m gonna lose my ■■■■

11 Likes

Nope. Chatted to someone before the Hawks game last week that’s mates with one of the Tigers sports science blokes - bloke told him provided they didnt get any injuries last week they’d have almost a full list to pick from this week.

Whilst every other club falters these guys go from strength to strength.

Can confirm theres no ‘mini pre season’ or any of that type of thing which could cause them to have heavy legs. The bloke mentioned that once the bye before finals came in they changed things up and got rid of the ‘mini pre season’.

3 Likes

Reckon Lav for Raz is the big one. If Saad out then bring in Guelfi. If BJ out too then bring in Dea.
I’d love to think we could win this but I just can’t see how we get it done all things measured. Would be our best win in some years if we manage it.

1 Like

Get Richmond’s sports science guy then. They’re seriously on the good stuff over there.

4 Likes

Need to just flood 2000 western bulldogs style

They somehow achieved the impossible

2 Likes

I’m going to be feeling all wrong about this all week. Can we just do it tomorrow?

esp so without raz, there is no logical way that we beat them.

the only way it will remotely work is if players aren’t fumbly, hold onto the ball and when in congestion DO NOT LET IT GET OUT at all.

If richmond swarm them and just keep moving the ball forward, i can see another big loss like the last 2 times this year.

I wouldn’t encourage any people to get over excited about pulling off a miracle, but no doubt the reaction will be savage when they lose on friday due to over exaggerated expectations that we will somehow produce a miracle this friday night.

1 Like

For once it would be nice if someone from the other side goes down early rather than us having to constantly play 3 quarters a man or two down.

Hopefully that kent Nankervis does a collarbone as karma for Dreamtime

8 Likes

I reckon we got genuine stage fright last time & were not ready for how much of a jump Tigers intensity was compared to our Cats/GWS games

We had plenty of the footy but continually fkd up disposal and then went into our shells which played into their hands.

As we saw from Cats a few weeks ago who have always been excellent at the quick play on game you have to just attack them and you can get through.

Be brave with the ball and hit your fkn targets.

2 Likes

All you hope for on Friday night, is that the Tiges are 10 or so % off their game, and we have an equal run with injuries.

Of course, if Jack cops a corkie, or Rance twists an ankle in the 2nd qtr, they will bench that player for the game.
Why would they risk anyone of value with Top 2 parcelled up, and likely Top spot also ?

All these factors can assist us on Friday, if we’re able to keep our heads and not lose our skills despite the pressure.
Whilst they are a professional outfit, their eyes are firmly on September now, and I can’t see the game being as important to them, as it is us.
Of course, none of this matters if they break us like last time, and it looked like we gave up in the 3rd qtr.

We can win the game if we play well.

3 Likes

l am very glad that you aren’t.

Absolutely crucial that we lower our eyes going forward. Richmond are the best team at zoning off and setting up behind the ball, and without a genuine forward target (Daniher, Mckernan) and Raz (who is a great marking hybrid forward) we need to hit up short leads in the 30-50m range from goal. Then once its there the pressure must be the best it’s been all season. We will throw everything at this mob and it will be a good indication of how far we have progressed in the last 3 months.

4 Likes

Derek Eggmolesse-Smith is a critical out for them. Don’t know how they can overcome that.

10 Likes

had to google. found this.

2 Likes