Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

Benfti special.

1 Like

Out - Goddard, Raz
In - Laverde, Guelfi

McGrath to fill Goddards defensive sweeper role and rack up another 30+ touches. Laverde into the midfield rotations.

1 Like

I find it hard to see how we win.

I regard RICH’s running power as the biggest threat…and if Fantasia/Saad/Goddard?/Guelfi? are unavailable…well I think we’re going to be found even more lacking in speed/endurance.

VFL replacements aren’t available for all of those.

Owning the ball is the only way I can see us being competitive. Chip-Mark. Chip-Mark. Take the tackling threat out of it. Move forward in such a careful way, that our defensive structures are always being maintained to prevent the flowing counter-attack.

IMO, it will be extraordinary if we pull off a win.

1 Like

Will need to get some fresh bodies in, as the game against the saints would of really taken it out of the players.

If there is ever a week where we need to bury every chance we get it’s this Friday

Would bring Lav in, and tell him to tag Rance, bump him and just annoy him all game, and if possible kick a few. Very much like Welsh did to Scarlett back in 2011

Our midfield will need to be at the top of their game, and hit passes under pressure

I keep changing how I want to win this game.

My latest version is that we’re a point up and a Dusty kick to Riewoldt one out in the goal square is cut off by Matty DEA Leo Barry style. Dea goes back on his mark; siren goes, he gives the cheer squad the up yours, game over

9 Likes

That’s some serious gingivitis going on there.

I don’t want Green there to hang around at the back of the packs, allowing their defenders to mark in front and clear with ease. I’m not a big Green fan. I think I still resent him calling for that handball from Joe vs the Dogs.

3 Likes

There is only 1 way…

LAV gives Dusty the most brutal ‘don’t argue’ which sits him on his ar*e, and he then proceeds to kick the sealer from 52mtrs out.

Essendon win by 13pts

2 Likes

Homer-Simpson-Riding-A-Rocket-In-Classic-Simpsons-Scene

5 Likes

You left us with two more goals to kick to get to that 13 point margin. I nominate:

• Some normal impossible combo by McKenna and TIPPA, followed by…
  • Stringer to run from 50 metres out to 10 out before bombing the ball into the top deck. The umpires fail to notice he hasn’t bounced it because he runs through The Greatest Fullback Of All Time (a la Crameri) on the way in.
1 Like

nah… I want us to come out breathing fire… absolutely monster them from the first bounce… jump out to an early 40 point lead. Have a couple of tigers go down in hard (but legalish) bumps and for Hardwick to put them on the pine and put the handbrake on as a survival tactic.

We then frolic under the lights and pile on more and more goals… coming out clear 100pt winners.

Then Norf and Melbourne start feeling nervous and completely screw their games… and Sydney finally gets what they deserve… which is nothing.

And we finish the weekend in the top 8.

Or we could win with a kick after the siren… either scenario is pretty good.

7 Likes

This is exactly what’s needed and if we can make a majority of shots running in from around 50 we are a chance.

I want the Green that stood up bigtime on ANZAC Day last year. Hasn’t been sighted too often since

1 Like

It’s setup behind the ball that matters against richmond, they don’t take possession if there is any heat on them at all - they just slap it forward for metreage.

Maintain shape behind the contest… almost like rugby.

1 Like

Not trying to be nasty here but I genuinely don’t get the call to bring Lav in. I can’t remember him doing anything remotely impressive in his senior games this year. And his first games back in the senior side tended to be worse. Coming back against the Tigers especially, can’t see that going well for us.

Happy to hear why lots of you would bring him back in though!

7 Likes

I’m with you. I’d much rather Green

Alrighty so appears BJ may struggle to get up

OUT: Goddard (inj), Raz (inj)
IN: Guelfi, Green

Guelfi can play the Goddard role well IMO, basically been switching between midfield and defence all year already.

Nobody can replace Raz but we need to make the most of limited fwd opportunities and Green does that. Keeps Colyer on wing also as he does not know where to run/impact as a fwd.

Corrected.

I work with a few Richmond supporters. They’re so confident about this week, almost like a training drill for them.

I remember what it used to be like being so confident going into games.

1 Like

With Goddard out, Francis can finally play the Goddard role and not the Francis role!

5 Likes