Round 22 vs Richmond - Changes & Preview

I half expect us to win to be honest.

lock it in big top choppy, we’re coming for them

we have only won one game at the G this year. We have come close lately against Collingwood and Hawthorn- but still fell short.

Richmond - they feast at the G.

This game is going to require us to get a hell of a lot of things right.

1 Like

Lav is sooooo talented.
He’s also proof of how important continuity is in footy (see David Myers).

Watched him in the VFL a couple of weeks ago and he literally tore the game apart. I’ve seen him do that for five minutes, for ten minutes, but never for a whole game.

That’s what he’s capable of, that’s why we must persist.

I reckon Friday might just be his time.

18 Likes

Brown has similar height, body shape (sort of), leap, strong aerobically and reads the play well (won’t get lost in heavy traffic). So, Hooker (if he plays) and Stewart forward. Brown back. What about Hurley forward instead of Brown, if Hooker doesn’t play? Need to mix things up and take the Tiges by surprise. Could help with his inconsistent form too. Would love to see Hurley activate beast mode in the forward half

Body pillow

Bring Daniher in and put him in the goal square.

Get Lav to play a role on Rance.

Bring in Stewart so when we bomb it forward we can compete for marks.

1 Like

I think you are underestimating Goddard and his role AND overestimating Guelfi.

I only can see Francis and Ridley fulfilling the role.

3 Likes

Except Guelfi actually plays midfield as well as defence and has excellent endurance.

Francis hasn’t and doesn’t. And Ridley hasn’t and is injured.

In terms of a direct replacement for Goddard he’d be our best choice this week IMO

He got no. 18 and Lloyd declared he’d kick 100 one season

1 Like

so your saying ITS TIME?

7 Likes

Has Goddard actually played mid this year?

I am aware that Ridley is not fit. You don’t need to be able to play mid to take Goddard’s role. And when Woosha was asked why Francis was not being picked, he said Goddard and Hurley were playing his role.

I see Guelfi as a completely different player, he gets to contests to contests, he does not move the ball by foot the way Goddard and Hurley do. Francis does, and he has a killer kick - which is exactly what you need in order to play Goddard’s role.

Lambert ruled out. Booked for surgery as is butler

2 Likes

He’s pretty much played 7th defender all year which is effectively help out the back 6 as required in their rotations and also be in mid rotations which often sees him setup off back of square.

You don’t do the k’s he does in the game as defender only.

IT BEGINS

5 Likes

Nah, darli is saying ‘BEEN AROUND THE WORLD DON’T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE’

2 Likes

If Worsfold goes in with the game plan laid out above, I think we’re a shot. Richmond are IMO vulnerable to a team who can negate their strengths and punish them on the rebound. IMO, we have the players to do that. The problem is that we seldom play the game style required to do that, and I doubt Worsfold will change for this.

1 Like

Citation needed @Stallion

3 Likes

Tigers losses in 2018

Crows - Away - rd2
Eagles - Away - rd9
Port - Away - rd12
GWS - Away - rd 17

We just need to move the game interstate

As an aside they aren’t unbeatable and we’ve also beaten all those teams above.

Come on boys…

IMG_8643

10 Likes

I really don’t think we can win without Raz, we will go back to playing junk like we did without him earlier.

Close to our most important player.