Round 3 2017 Non Essendon Games

Adelaide benchmark. Can’t wait to play them next week. Best real test so far. Happy also to be playing in Adelaide.

1 Like

I didn’t rate him . Goes into budge mode when it gets hard. Pulls a fake, I’m really knackered look

Already quite wet. It’s flat and swampy. The bits that aren’t swampy are fertile farming land.

On the map it looks like an ideal weekend getaway location for Melbourne’s more respectable classes. Wouldn’t have thought it was prime ‘growin’ sh*t’ ground.

1 Like

How is Pig Hibberd going? Haven’t heard or seen much of him so far.

Achilles “soreness”

Is that code for ‘not quite good enough to crack a game in the 1sts yet’?

And Crameri wasn’t playing against Freo last night. He didn’t appear to get injured last week against Sydney so presumably he got dropped?

Hibbo easily good enough, he’d be playing if fit.

Crameri def injured, hip issue.

Not as far as I’m aware, but it was “1-2 weeks” about a month ago. So maybe worse than they’re letting on

Ross the Boss is back. He’s great.

My Melbourne supporting mate thinks we fleeced them in the Melksham deal. I told him to give it time and to enjoy the ride.

Got balanced out somewhat by Hibbo deal although given he is presently injured with achilles issues and they are far from ideal moving fwd we may also come out winning that also.

I’d love to have Hibbo still in our squad now though. Best 22 HBF’r. Far superior player to Gleeson.

1 Like

Wtf Freo

I think we won on balance, but I reckon Melksham will be OK for them. We got I think pick ~25, if it was pick 45 I think they would’ve been ahead.

We forget Goodwin would’ve worked pretty closely with him as midfield coach here, and would know what he’s capable of.

My favourite melksham play was vs collingwood where he could’ve taken possession and passed it off to a teammate, instead he just punched the ball 50 metres to the boundary line.

1 Like

This is true.

He can butcher the ball a bit but he also doesn’t mind a 60m goal and is hard at it. Demons building a group of hardnuts.

I didn’t mind him. Coaches obviously liked him because they kept playing him.

Due to academy picks, etc, it ended up as pick 30. I think pick 30 for Melksham is pretty fair.

2nd favourite was when roughhead tried to rough him up and melk ended up getting reported for dropping the carnt.

6 Likes

That or smacking Daniel Jackson forcing him to come off the ground

2 Likes