Round 3: Essendon vs FARK Carlton build up

Lonergan driving Carrazzo into the turf was the best

I never like to see opposition players hurt

But fark Carlton and I’d be lying if I wouldn’t love to see someone like kruezer/Liam jones/Murphy ironed out

7 Likes

That was especially great because that twat deserved it after carrying on like a **** in front of Stants the previous year when they beat us.
Justice was served thx Sammy

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure Carrazzo was the c*nt that celebrated in Stanton’s face after they kicked a goal (and were already 10 goals up). Fck him.

3 Likes

Those two comeback wins in i think 2012 or 2013 were great. The GS stayed back for a good 30 mins post game going mental.

Can remember giving some mouthy little **** an Almighty send off when he tried to sneak out

The win early 2009 was one of the most enjoyable.

6 Likes

Bring Hocking in. Loves playing these ■■■■■.

2 Likes

I’ve got to be honest, I dislike Carlton more than any other but I love beating Carlton when they’re at there mouthy, arrogant best.

Bar last year, beating them in there current pathetic state since 2014 is like clubbing seals.

Without there arrogance they’re fkn nothing, hope they somehow win today to give the game abit of a buzz.

16 Likes

Was that the “premiership favourites” one?

1 Like

No that was 2012.

2009 was Carlton have the best midfield in the comp and a far better list than Essendon according to Robert Walls pre game.

4 Likes

Joe, Tippa and Langford killed them in Rd 23 last year. I expect much the same. I think Tippa kicked 4?

1 Like

Ah, so it was.

Google already acknowledges Blitz and Essendon v Fark Carlton as top ranked and defining use of the phrase … “smash these muppets back to the stone age”

40 Likes

In: Stewart, Bellchambers
Out: Langford, Smack

Bit harsh on Smack (he’s been ok), just don’t think he’ll match up on Kreuzer that well.
Langford has been average/poor the first 2 weeks. Stewart is mobile enough to fill the 3rd tall option, and be the ruck chop out (instead of daniher). Reckon the 3 tall forwards, along with our small forwards, would really stretch Carlton’s defence and think we have enough cover for the midfield rotations.

I’d be bringing in a genuine ruckman (whichever is fittest of Leuey and Belly) in place of McKernan. I don’t like to drop players after one bad game, but he was only ever a stop gap solution anyway and we need to see how this midfield goes with our genuine rucks.

I’d love to get Hocking in there but I can’t see where he fits without an injury to an inside midfielder. If Green is still out I can’t see any reason to make more changes unless the coaches want to have a look at a different lineup balance.

BETA

4 Likes

This thread makes me think about the last time we played them, and how we pantsed them.

Now we have a full team

Oh boy, this is going to be a good game.

1 Like

Didn’t Hird also write a Herald Sun article about how good they are to blow some smoke? 2009 was great.

1 Like

Hate these ■■■■■■ like no others.

Nick Stevens is the floater

7 Likes

In: Bellchambers/Leuy (only one based on fitness)
Out: Smack

Smack got smashed by Martin, needs to be said. Has competed hard for us but is simply not good enough in the ruck.