Round 3 Non Essendon Games

I’m in a pub with no sound on the tele. Is the GC trumpet guy there?

Go SUNS

All square at HT, 40 all…

I’m not acknowledging GC’s existence until 2 METER PETER is back.

3 Likes

“But,but Freo will be hard to beat at home” lols

If Gold Coast win just shows how mediorce our team is.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain the AFL logic of GC playing Freo at Freos HG, . but still calling it a GC HG??

Thats not the silliest thing I’ve heard from them, … but it goes close.

WTF not just make it a Freo HG? How many GC members can make use of their M/ships in this situation ffs??

There’s been plenty of times teams play a stretch of away games, then get a bunch of home ones later, … which would be ideal for GC later in the season if they keep performing as they are. It’s just fkng ridiculous.

Pretty sure they sold it to freo so Gold Coast makes heaps of money out of it

Edit: and it’s just a one-off because of the Comm games

2 Likes

Errrr they sold it to Freo due to the Commonwealth Games.
They’re staying in Perth for the week and playing WC there next week, it’s actually pretty smart considering the Commonwealth Games challenge, their need to generate $$ and also an attempt to minimise travel.

2 Likes

So it’s just dumb from the club then.

Could have done all that, … saved on travel etc w/out selling the HG, but rather have a good stretch of games at home at the pointy end.

They’re propped up by the AFL anyway, . so it makes zero sense.

1 Like

23 scoring shots to 16
Dominating around most of the ground and should be at least 5 more goals ahead but for shyte kicking in front of the sticks.

And the natural order has been restored…Taberner 4 last week, 0.1 to 3/4 time

5 Likes

Got nothing against him and wish him all the best but that really infuriates me.

2 Likes

A small monsoon has hit the hotel in Vietnam so I’m forced to watch these battlers while sipping a negroni (life is tough)

Hot take, neither of these sides are terrible. This year could be even more even than last

It’s not that different. 3/4 time, 7 more shots 12 point lead this week. 3/4 time, 7 more shots, 22 point lead last week. They hardly put us to the sword with their accuracy.

No logic involved but I reckon the saints might go close tonight, Saturday night at Etihad is made for it.

They on track to break 100 too.

The dockers aren’t ■■■■.

Our centre clearance game might be improving but we don’t get the kind of clean takeaways that setup goals like that one from Fyfe

Walters is fkn everywhere. Such a class act.

Can’t wait to have Raz back doing the same for us

Freo’s ball movement is very very good once they get the ball back off you. Their kickers off HB open the game right up. Lyon has them playing a much more attacking style & scores flowing accordingly.

Freo are a good side.

People can say what they want about Ross Lyon but at the end of the day the guy knows how to win games of football.