VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

Agree he’ll be a player. Maybe not till next year though.

1 Like

At least there was no issue having the final result spoiled by the streaming delay.

3 Likes

Anyone else find it incredibly difficult to find Houlihan at all?

Berzerker is absolutely ■■■■ off talented. Raw as hell but he’ll go past Hartley by the bye if this match is anything to go by

1 Like

So in typical Essendon fashion the team drops off soon as the oposistin applys pressure.

1 Like

How many changes (rested) are we expecting for Melbourne?
From this game, only Langford, Lav, and Clarke (leaning to not yet for Mutch and Ridley) look possible.
Emergencies held over would be expected to be considered, probably Ambrose as well. What’s Dea’s status at the minute?

Should continue with dea over zerk. See if he can take his chance as a young player.

Why are people losing their fkg minds in here?

Zerk very impressive

1 Like

Dea is injured

Clarke has had his own sherrin out there. Well on his way to becoming our Matt Crouch, I hope.

8 Likes

Big picture I thought it was pretty good. Just seeing Francis play so well makes it a win in the big picture.

I’m a bit negative on Lang and Lav, but they’re both good. Just they could be genuinely good AFL footballers. Both just half a step off at present. If they both tidy up a couple of small issues they won’t play much VFL ever again.

3 Likes

Didn’t you know how ■■■■ Carlton were to let this mob roll them by 200

Comes in against Melbourne

1 Like

Did Redman play?

Clarke IN

#37 tearing it up on the G again. Like nature intended.

5 Likes

I suppose having Wells and Fasolo there guaranteed Collingwood a big advantage. I’m glad Wells was in the VFL, not playing Anzac Day. Some raw talent in the Essendon team. Hope some of them progress. I reckon Clarke could be invaluable in the midfield in a few seasons if given good opportunities. He is in and under, has a feel for the game, reads the play well, is sharp with his handball, and his kicking looked better than I’ve heard reported. Perhaps he’s improving in that area.

3 Likes

Agree allot to work with there, great intensity.

Is the game still going?

Nice first up effort by Francis in the first half. Was keen at the contest.

Graham Hocking is going to watch the replay and count blocks and shepherds. Is annoyed.

Fair call.

There’s a difference between “dropping off” and young bodies not yet having developed the strength over a few pre seasons. I’m talking the guys like the VFL debutants etc. You have 3 or 4 guys who aren’t able to maintain the intensity and the balance of the match tilts.

1 Like