VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

So was that red headed kid that Sheeds saw fit to play despite him being 30kg wringing wet. Berzerker doesn’t have to worry about standing on man mountains like Lockett or Dunstall either.

2 Likes

You mean lack thereof?!! :roll_eyes:

Clarke must have really been good in the first half when I wasn’t Watching…

No one is mentioning houlahan. Thought he was decent, some creative handballs and neat with his kicks. Just needs a bit more size and time to develop

1 Like

Sure, but so many factors affect who’s gonna run out for a VFL game in either team. You wanna see young players developing more than anything. Winning regularly is definitely a plus, I agree, but look at who played and the roles. Bigger picture, as others have said.

1 Like

Clarke plays well in all conditions, win lose, wet, dry week after week.
I think the " shocking kick " myth is busted now.
Mutch gets a lot of it on the outside and is also now tough enough to play AFL.

They no longer need to boost each others stats with #ClarketoMutch, nor do they.

Sometime soon we should see these kids in the AFL

4 Likes

For a forward Laverde is an appalling kick for goal

3 Likes

It’s Bezerkers 2nd and 3rd efforts. Getting the hand in, watching the ball. Once I worked out who he was I was stunned how often he managed to impact contests that he had no right to be able to.

I don’t know whether he’s ready, or whether there’ll be an opportunity, but he has so many Fletch attributes (although not sure about having the attacking weapon with the boot yet, but it really doesn’t matter at this stage)

3 Likes

Laverde and Langford are both “good” kicks, but regularly deliver 1m too high/low/left/right. They don’t often turn into immediate horrible turnovers, but they don’t quite work out either.

DJR could learn a thing or two from him

4 Likes

People’s price, the hero we deserve and need.

4 Likes

Wasn’t a myth!

5 Likes

Agree about Langford- needs to bring more intensity to his game like the Collingwood player who mauled him in a tackle and got the free for htb in the first quarter.

was actually john butcher like

Was close to BOG today for mine. Composed, great efforts, in everything. Kicking was very rusty.

3 Likes

How good was Francis, forgotten how good he could be.

4 Likes

A lazy half of VFL after months out of the game and god knows what else.
The kid can be a star.

4 Likes

Really?

I think he can be a lot better then he was today. His possessions overall didn’t have great impact and he was at times indecisive. Still getting up to speed.

Stats up on footy live app:

Langford 33 dispoals , 6 tackles and 1 goal 1.
Clarke 31 disposals and 7 tackles
Mutch 26 and 2, plus 1 goal
LAV 24 and 2 plus 1 goal 1
Looney 18 and 2, plus 43 hitouts
Ridley 16 and 2 (4 marks)
Long 14 and 2
Zerk 14 and 2 (4 marks)
Houlahan 13 and 4 (1 goal)
Draper 7 and 1 (14 hitouts)
Francis 6 disposals (2 marks)

2 Likes

anyone know why Mynott didn’t play?