VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

way to go half cocked rumpold. i reckon they clubs treated him like ■■■■■■■ dirt in how hes in 1 round out the next. so cool your ■■■■■■■ jets. but a player thats not cemented a best 22 position generally has no trade value.

Clubs would be questioning Essendon why he is not in. Not questioning Langers this would ve a given

Did anyone take note of the umpire’s decision to call a throw in when one of our players (Ridley?) at right HB had a kick from outside the boundary in the last quarter, and kicked across the ground. You didn’t get to quite see it on TV, but the commentators said the umpire called that he had made a move off his line, and then played on, and being outside the boundary, it is out of bounds and so a throw in.

If so, I call BS.
You cannot play on till the ball re enters the field of play. If you run forward of the mark, but outside the boundary line, umpires will call out of bounds and a throw in, wrongly IMO. It should be that the player is made to go back and take his kick, or handball, from behind the mark, and bring it in across the boundary line, thus restarting play. (Grey area as to what happens when an umpire says a player has taken too long, but remains outside the boundary behind his mark.)

Under the interpretation above (play on, out of bounds, throw in) for going sideways, no goal would ever have been kicked from a mark taken near the point post or on the goal line between the goal and point post. Everytime a player runs out to kick, he must start behind the boundary line, and by running off his line, it would be OOB/throw in.

6 Likes

Langford could be a very good mid just not an inside mid. Huge difference between the two.

7 Likes

Langers had 33, 6 tackles, a heap of clearances, kicked a goal and was outstanding.

Hard to imagine anyone watching who didn’t have him in our best 1 or 2, had a chat with one of the Pies AFL players after the game who mentioned how good he was. Some people are very strange with him on here, hard to believe what I’m reading after today.

20 Likes

Lol and again

I think Langford was easily in our best 2 or 3 today. He had a lot of the ball and generally had a very good game. My comments about him above are about how his attributes as an inside mid fail him at AFL level.

Langford could play Begleys role in the ones.

2 Likes

It’s really about what we’re comparing him to. ie what we know he can be.

Yes he was one of our best. He could be better, and if he was we’d be better as well!

He could. I actually think for his development (in any role), being “the man” in the 2s, getting it 35 times and kicking goals is more important than 15 possession games off half forward in the ones.

Next step = take todays game and literally rip it from Collingwood’s grasp. He could be that good. He’s not yet.

1 Like

I agree with all this. Jayden’s kicking will come back with games.

Where do you see Langers playing, and how would you fit him into our side?

Who was held over?

1 Like

Jacko, Horse, Mason and Benny McNiece. Trent Mynott was pulled out last night with a niggle, not certain of the nature of it.

6 Likes

see my post #655 above

Yep, saw it, ta.

He was excellent today

1 Like

He can’t obviously because it’s taken, but I’d love to see him play the Goddard role.

3 Likes

Zerk is terrifyingly brave in the air. He’s going to be a player

5 Likes

Who is horse?

Smacknernan

4 Likes