VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

I think stewart forward has made both lang and lav redundant, stringer moving in is just another nail.

They were both seemingly recruited as forward, who were mostly lead up marking types, as a 3rd tall option they may work, but outside of that, I don’t see a spot for either going forward.

I know people will say begley is the one to make way, but the above 2 players just don’t offer the defensive pressure of smaller forwards that would be needed.
I’ve seen people say lang had 6 tackles, but honestly how many of them stuck, or restricted the player getting the ball out ?
Without context a tackle stat is just as useless as a disposal count.

I don’t mind lang, i don’t think he’s been treated all that well, despite not seeing the hype others do, but at years end he should be moved on for a win win trade if possible. get him to a team that needs a 3rd medium/tall forward and he might make it. keep him and he’ll just wander the limbo he’s in at present.

1 Like

He plays and has played alot of footy there …but you don’t seem to know alot about him

Essendon our club will win 10-12 games and the usual will play and all will applaud their good games and then whine and winge about Langers Laverde Redman Mutch Ridkey etc not getting games. This club is so invested in its own security rather than being creative and visionary with the actual football side . Very proactive with business initiatives but blindsided by selection and players having built up credits and not challenging them but entertaining ongoing mediority.

Bummer end result, … but it was one of the most positive feeling losses I can remember.

Lot of our guys did well to very well,… or showed definite glimpses.

Lang is a cert for Melbourne, as is Luey, … and Lav a possibility, but would have been if he had his sights in you’d think.

2 Likes

Has Langford ever played inside mid at AFL level, becuase I’ve never seen it.

Hee hee. Welcome to Blitz, newbie.

7 Likes

Lav has to be about the most overrated player in Essendon history, the same people have been saying the same things like “he just needs a few more games to get his kicking into gear” for over six months.

Absolute liability to pass the ball to, do not want.

oh its you

For over 6 months.
Do you even understand what you yourself say?

3 Likes

Spoke to Jackson and was told by several players that Walla was injured. Jackson also didn’t play in the VFL yesterday.

Just needs a consistent run at AFL level

Cockernan

I didn’t have Leuey that high but the rest about right to ny eye. Langford was good, he finds space and good options.

1 Like

Agree, when we recruited Langford and Laverde our forwardline was a wasteland, Hookers new role and the addition of Stewart, Stringer, Begley have made it very crowded for the bigger medium forward. Both these guys will be successful at Essendon or not based on their ability to play midfield minutes.

Yep. How I saw it too.
His vision and disposal is a class above VFL and has been since the start of last year.

3 Likes

it’s not counted as a tackle unless it strips the ball or gets a free or leads to a ball up.

They’re all effective if they show up on thr stat sheet.

4 Likes

You’ll see why against Melbourne.

He’s had a different intensity going about it the past 2 weeks. Back him in, he’s ready now.

Looking at the match thread yesterday I got the opposite feeling. I thought the club was on the verge of being wound up during the second half.

1 Like

Mmm, … didn’t read the match thread, … just watched the recording when I got back from a local game.

Couldn’t help feeling that getting a win was secondary to training our AFL listeds in the last half.

2 Likes
  1. We have 3 mids ready to walk straight into our afl team if need be.
  2. Laverde got another game under his belt.
  3. Francis played.
  4. Zerk looks the goods

I can’t see anything but positives from yesterdays game.

15 Likes