VFL - Round 3 vs Pies @ Victoria Park, 2:10pm Saturday 21 April 2018 -- WITH FRANGA!

I find it odd when people say he can’t be a mid after racking up those numbers. If your going to bag his midfield ability at least wait till he plays a bad game as a mid.

I have no doubt that his time working on becoming a mid is helping his intensity and work rate which will benefit him down the track no matter where he plays.

2 Likes

Langford must have inherited Craig Bird’s invisibility cloak. At the game I barely noticed him and I’m surprised at the stats.

1 Like

He’s played two Of the three VFL games so far and been BOG in both.

The criticism of his game just shows has biased people can be.

4 Likes

Don’t think many say he can’t be a mid but the club seems to think they can make him an inside mid which is completely different and a role in which I don’t think he will ever be able to fulfill.

I think he can probably do it, but I think it would be a waste. The kid is not a bulldozer, and to use him as one would not be making the most of what he has. I think he is fairly versatile in where he can play, but if I was the one slotting him in, I would be aiming to transition him into the Goddard role. I reckon it would suit him beautifully.

6 Likes

Your love of Langers shows how biased you are.

I watch the game and taped it and watched again this morning. Langford got disposals but didn’t make much of an impression. Many of these kicks were not targeted well either.

In my view his best game this year was vs Adelaide in round one, where he worked hard and won possessions.

1 Like

He is, unfortunately, getting that McKernan “too good for VFL not good enough for AFL” aura. I really hope he becomes the player we are looking for. When I saw the stats from yesterday I was surprised by the lack of talk about him. It was the complete game from a stat perspective. Was there any stats on clearances? That’s the big one.
You have to feel for him. Had a good game against Adelaide, had a shocker along with everyone else against Fremantle and was the player that got dropped.

I would like to see langer as a HFF/winger player sooner rather than later, great hands penetrating kick. fairly strong in a marking contest when hes not on fyfe…

So when you compare Langers versus Clarke, what is the difference (I haven’t seen the game)? Is one ripping it out from packs and feeding it out and the other not?

precisely- he skirts around a contest and is usually the 2nd/3rd player to receive the ball… clarke is at the bottom of the pack

1 Like

He was clearly in the best couple on the ground yet people want to keep putting him down just like you are here.

Show me a player that doesn’t make mistakes by foot!?

His overall impact on the game was as great as any other player but people like you want to focus on the negatives.

He is consistently in the best on ground each week but isn’t given a fair run at senior level. No wonder he has no confidence when played in the seniors.

As I continually say I take solace in the fact we have such a strong midield at snr level where it doesn’t make sense to give others opportunity.

I hope thats sarcastic.

Why would it be sarcasm?

because our midfield is fkg garbage.

What would you do to fix it?

Not a clue.

1 Like

Spot on. Clarke is your classic in and under extractor who should be dishing it out to the Zaka’s, Langford’s etc.

2 Likes

Continue to drop young players for other young players whilst the core midfield continues to underperform

Hey guys, I’m trying to find a replay for the VFL match. Tried the VFL app and the 7Plus app with no luck. I am in WA so looked for the change of location on the 7Plus app but couldn’t find it (have done this in the past).

Heeeeelp please.

2 Likes

As i said last night Essendon 10-12 wins and blitz applauds the Goddards Zachas Myers of this work BUT im sorry credits in the bank , have been invaluable in hard times - not the future. Future was on show yesterday . Look no further than Richmond and Bulldogs game have evolved