Round 3 vs Werribee at Arden Street - 2pm Saturday 29th April

67-95, I think.

Currently 8.19.67 trails 14.12.96

FFS.

67-97, equal number of scoring shots now.

Clarke mark at 51, handballs to the passing Bird who slots it perfectly straight.

A novelty, that is.

73-97

Bit early to call
Last year we had guys playing in the firsts who normally would be in the seconds and we still made semis (and really should have beaten Footscray that day)

Today is very disappointing though. I would have expected better with the team we listed.

1 Like

Langford free in middle for heavy high hit.

Smack clunk on the siren.

Misses, badly. That’d be right.

9.20.74 loses to 14.13.97

We lost the game in the 3rd - when the ball was in our forward line for 20mins for zero goals.

Pretty disheartening the way we threw in the towel in the last.

Bird BOG for us. Draper much improved.

They clearly outplayed us for most of the game, we regardless had at least 35 shots for goal despite many passengers, and still weren’t close at the end.

Said Cwood last Tuesday. Are Port rubbish this year? In town and wondering if the trip to Franga is worth the mugging, tight turnaround too.

(checks)

But hey, Hawthorn got demolished and Diggers is still winless…

2 Likes

Disappointing to hear the same players underperform aka Merrett and Long.

Anyone in line for next week?

Your message is unclear, … Please try again…

As in, wut TF are you saying …??

Long definitely got more of the ball than he did in the last couple of weeks.

4 Likes

How did Morgan play? Did he get through uninjured?

Dissapointing result, poor start from what I thought would be a very strong team. Thanks for all the contributions, as always love to get a summary from blitzers at the ground.

Ha! I spent the day sanding back 100 year floorboards with lead paint all over them, then put a varnish on. If I wasn’t so high I’d be dead. What I meant was I can probably get out to Frankston for a couple of quarters but it’ll be tight, are Port going to put up a good show, will it be worth a pretty arduous trip? I know, stupid question, but I’d like to see us against good opposition if I do go.

(We play Port in Frankston, thanks AFL, if I’m not wrong?)

Keeping in mind it’s a rubbish ground to watch footy at, and I wasn’t near the bench for the last three quarters:

I saw Clarke today. Space for someone to claim the name Clarke2Mutch. Did a bit as high forward in the last, in particular, when others were absent. But his kicking is crippling.

Hind did some more nice stuff.

Mutch busy, was in defence in the last?

Bird one of the better midfielders.

Stewart showed intent. Was a bit better than McKernan, who was mostly forward with Draper getting lots of ruck time. Draper was happy and able to do stuff like tap to the rear when appropriate.

First three quarters Begley was busy, but didn’t actually get much done.

Myers started well, disappeared?

Langford midfield.

Redman a few moments but mostly irrelevant.

Not too inspiring.

5 Likes