Round 3 vs Werribee at Arden Street - 2pm Saturday 29th April

Sounds like the type of player Peeto would fancy…

A few player comments, as I reflect on this game:

• Draper: They really threw him in the deep end today. Past weeks he has had to take what ruck time he could get after TBC had had his fill. Today he was the lead ruck pretty much all day I think, and I was surprised how Smack was left at full forward, when Draper must have been quite fatigued. I am taking this as an indicator of our long term intent to develop our ruck depth, even if it compromised today’s match. Doesn’t bode well for Smack IMO.

• Hocking: Similarly was left at half back for most of the match (as far as I know). Not much throwing him into the centre bounce. Myers/Langford/Clarke/Bird/VFL-listers were favoured. Bird is clearly quicker, but Hocking’s touches are more composed. Doesn’t bode well for Hocking long term IMO.

• Jerrett: After those early season goals, he was full time defence today. What is their grand plan with him? Anyway, he wasn’t much good at locking down in 1-on-1 situations. Meanwhile, the whole forward half butchered the ball, just blazed away a lot of the time, and I think he is a neater kick than whatever was going on up there. I have no clue what end he will start at next week.

3 Likes

Draper named among the best on the VFL site.! What the !
Thats amazing for an 18 year old project ruckman in his 3rd game for us.

1 Like

Sounds like we are training players for afl and not caring about VFL.

2 Likes

The backline is where we send our old players to end their careers.

1 Like

Smack dislocated his finger in front of the bench, I think it was early in the 3rd. They got it back in but he was obviously in a fair bit of pain. Might explain why he didn’t ruck much in the 2nd half and was quieter in general.

3 Likes

How was Langers and Redman

Langford, 14 tackles. How did he go?