Round 4: F@#k Freo

People have gone from advocating three ruckmen to advocating none. Fark me.

ryder comes back in. you can't have too many hit up targets at subi. carlisle's work rate around the ground was first rate and frankly i'd be using him to spell paddy from here on in or at least until tbell forces his way back into the side. hope hardy gets up, is creating match up headaches. 

ashby acquitted himself very well but will be unlucky, howlett's strength around the contest is required against freo

fletch hurls bags

pig hooker hepp

stants watson merrett

ryder hocking myers

Goddard carlisle zaha

hardy JD chappy

howlett melk licha

Gleeson

that's is a ripping side, fingers crossed the injury gods are kind and we get it out on the park. if hardy doesn't come up i think ashby should just hold his place.

No, Paddy has to play. Got away with the work experience ruck set up because of the opposition. Freo are a seriously different set up. I can't see 3 tall forwards plus Ambrose. Winders and Chappy are automatic if fit and if Kommer comes back, remember Kommer, someone's going to miss up forward. Paddy's first picked, but now that it's turned out that Jake C is the real backup, not Joe (which is a surprising revelation for me) can we play an extra ruck? Personally I don't think Bomber will.

Is Ryder going to come up though?

If he is great.

If he isn't Thurlow must play.

I suspect Ashby will hold his place. Perhaps Gleeson to go out of the team, not due to bad form but just to get a full game in the twos, much like Zerret this week. Ashby will hold his place and perhaps play as sub. I think Bomber will try and give all the young guys a block of 2-3 games each then rotate them out. Bringing them in for one game and then taking them straight out again gives them no consistency and doesn't do their confidence any good.

No pazza. If Thurlow didn’t play yesterday, he certainly won’t against Freo. Paddy will be #1 ruck and will be given a chop-out by Carlisle (30% of the time).

The real selection headache will be Bellchambers when he is ready.

Im not sure we should be resting chappy at all yet.

he is equal third in the coleman medal at the moment

And to all those people saying drop J Merrett last week. He is firmly entrenched in the team at the moment.

The players love his passes and look to give him the ball to deliver inside 50 which is great for our forwards.

Wish this game was here

I'd rest Chappy for this one. Maybe even give Paddy an extra week off.

If I had to accept a loss this would be it. 

Saying that, get some more kids in there.

Out- Chappy(rested), Hardy(injured?)

In- Jetta(surely he has to come in given the form he is in), Merrett #2

Maybe rest Fletch too if we have an available tall.

Ryder for ashby or gleeson, thats it.

"If I had to accept a loss this would be it."

What's this sh*t?  Only ever accept a loss after the game and only then to a team that is actually better than us. Freo aren't

Ryder should be in. Others would be interesting. Wouldn't expect anyone to get rested, but maybe some rotations going about with the younger blokes. Especially if Walters and Mayne don't play.

2009: The last time a Ross Lyon coached team beat Essendon. 

We have beaten them two years in a row over there. They will be missing their two best ball winners. We have improved substantially. 

It will be tough (as it always is), but I'm going into this game expecting us to win. 

It will be another good one, but I expect us to win it too. I just think in most areas, provided we are up and about, we have them covered.

I was more worried about the lack of ruck situation against the Scum to be honest (not that Warnock/Casboult/Rowe are any good, just that they're slightly less predictable than Sandilands). 

Freo is probably one of those games where you could just about concede the ruck.  Ryder or no Ryder, Sandilands will probably dominate tapouts anyway.  Just like against the Scum, we just have to be clever by reading where they are going.  On that basis then, unless Ryder is absolutely good-to-go, I'd be inclined to keep the status quo and go again with Carlisle/Daniher.  If Sandliands gets used in attack at all, you'd just have to back Hurley/Hooker/Fletcher to minimise the damage.

Play Chappy Bank another win, consider resting him later in the year.

Only change this week should be forced + Ryder if he gets up, looks like Hardingham for Ryder. should workout ok, 3rd tall for tall. carlisle & Daniher to help out in the ruck.

Freo Players we need to stop are as follows

Ballntyne - Baguley

Pavlich - Hooker

Mayne - Hurley

Mundy - Watson head to Head

I think we should go in favourites based on from plus them missing Barlow & Fyfe, there is no reason to be pessimistic this week, like there wasn't last week.

Chappy plays. Jetta never again.

Play Chappy Bank another win, consider resting him later in the year.

Only change this week should be forced + Ryder if he gets up, looks like Hardingham for Ryder. should workout ok, 3rd tall for tall. carlisle & Daniher to help out in the ruck.

Freo Players we need to stop are as follows

Ballntyne - Baguley

Pavlich - Hooker

Mayne - Hurley

Mundy - Watson head to Head

I think we should go in favourites based on from plus them missing Barlow & Fyfe, there is no reason to be pessimistic this week, like there wasn't last week.

But, we wont be as per usual. No one wants to rate us and I'm loving it.

I'd rather we play a full strength Freo. This is going to be the same result as Hawthorn again (but hopefully we win) but then it will be, oh Freo had players out...

Is Ryder going to come up though?

If he is great.

If he isn't Thurlow must play.

Welcome to last week.  :wacko: