Round 4 - Vs Adelaide - Something to look forward to

Ace owns adelaide.

4 Likes

What are you basing this on Chris. Disposals? Fantasy stats? Some of these players may not get a the ball a lot but there work off the ball is just as important.

I have faith. I put $20 on us to win.

6 Likes

I cant see any reason why we shouldn’t win this one. Bombers by 8 pts.

Crows are in hot form with their outside run and contested footy. It would be a football miracle if Essendon won.

Miracle? Good thing it’s Easter then.

11 Likes

Did the same. Juicy odds to ignore.

1 Like

Menzel and Knight are exactly the types to get a hold of us. You underrate hartigan

Sounds like and olde timey insult. “Boy, you ain’t nothing but a damn hartigan”

Edit: seriously, this swear filter is hilarious.

2 Likes

Something to look forward to - Conor McKenna getting more than 7 possessions and not gifting goals to the Crows due to his turnovers. Would have thought we could have included other players before Conor.

We have to exploit their weaknesses. If we can play the way we did in round 1 and get our game happening, we will win. This is our bench mark.

Who?

We have worse players than Conor. Give the bloke a go fgs.

Bird, Stewart, J Merrett (5 goals last week), Gleeson (still better value) or Dea for starters. I hope I am wrong about McKenna, but watch him closely.

3 of those don’t fill the spot vacated. The last 2 dont fill the brief woosha said about ball movement

1 Like

Some teams are actually a pack of duds, but they get on a hot steak, with a playing system that works extremely effectively, and they look unbeatable.

But then the music stops. Another crucial player goes missing. Or the system gets worked out. All of a sudden they look like duds again.

Past example = Fremantle
Unfolding example = Hawthorn
New example starting 15/4/2017 = Adelaide

3 Likes

There are a few knocks on Conor, but I don’t reckon the ones you listed are it.

Strange comment.

1 Like

Re: your concern is that McKenna doesn’t get enough of the ball, across his career he averages the same as Dea and Merrett, and 1.5 less than Gleeson and is also the youngest of that group by two years. Which is not to say he’ll make it, that he doesn’t have defensive deficiencies, or that you’re not allowed to hold whatever opinion you like. Just that he actually gets the ball about the same amount as the guys you’ve suggested as replacements.

2 Likes

For some reason this doesn’t have a doomsday feel about it.

Maybe that just means it won’t be a classic Football Park game where we give up 7 goals without scoring in the first 20 minutes then steady and lose by that 7 goals.

2 Likes

I reckon we’ll go alright tonight

1 Like