Round 4 - Vs Adelaide - Something to look forward to

Our mids really need to step up, if we’re to have any chance. Since Danger left the Crows IMO have somehow gotten stronger in the midfield. Probably due to everyone lifting their game.

1 Like

I agree. Though, if dry weather conditions, I think our mid would have killed it today with Leuenburger hitting to them. For some reason, wet weather was too much to get their heads around.

I think we can match it to the Crows this week. Hartley should be brought back in.

1 Like

It seemed like we were always playing behind our man and second to the ball. Happened all over the ground particularly at stoppages. Think everyone needs to lift against the Crows. Who would Hartley come in for though?

I like Brown but I didn’t rate him as much today. I think going back to the formular that worked might be beneficial maybe? Greene should be ready for selection too - him in for Hocking?

Could work. With Jenkins out, I think Brown’s probably most likely to go out. Think Hartley played well in the VFL too. They have so many avenues to goal that we have to make it a shootout. Green would be a good choice, but our mids have to get on the board too, not just our tall and small forwards.

Woosha hinting that Francis a good chance to be selected for the Crows. No doubt he would be handy and difficult to match up on. Crows could suffer a let down after the Derby, which is always the hardest game of the H & A season for both clubs.

Play someone worth seeing play.

2 Likes

Hopefully they can get the ground up to scratch by Saturday as it’s going to cop a hammering this week

In: Skipworth, Quinn

2 Likes

Will be V tough next week. Probably a good indicator though where we sit as Adelaide look to be one of the front runners

Green will come in. I reckon dea should be considered too

#1 problem area is clearances/contested ball so Bird comes in - for Stanton who I thought was poor and non-existent today.

Josh Green straight back for Hocking who was also nonexistent despite conditions suiting him to a tee,

Mitch Brown was very soft today, like he normally is, it just looks worse on a wet day when you have to repeatedly commit your body. Francis’ time has come. I would actually play Francis FF and Hooker down back.

We need a proper second ruckman. Langford just doesn’t do a enough and Adelaide is a big ground. Bellchambers in for him.

Find a way to get our best and longest kick in McKenna into the team. Personally I’d drop Zaharakis based on the soft rubbish he dished up today.

1 Like

OUT: Langford, Hocking, Zaharakis

IN: Stewart, Green, Birdman (integral to midfield)

1 Like

I don’t think you can rate all of the issues from today for next week.

we simply can’t play footy in the wet. So dropping players on skills execution shouldn’t be done.

however effort from some players were down. whether some were cooked or just didn’t want to give their all is up for the coaches to decide.

1 Like

Haha good call.

1 Like

A case can also be made that we’ve been losing inside more than outside. Bird might help with that.

1 Like

Out: Woosha
In: Corrigan

I’d bring in Bird & Green.

Zaka & Langers take some time off and work on a few weaknesses.

Hocking gets more than 1 game. He worked hard tonight.

I’d prefer Hartlet to Brown against the Crows.

1 Like

Makes the loss to Carlton even more disappointing.

This would be my team for Adelaide:

In: Hartley, Jerrett, Stewart
Out: Brown, Gleeson, Langford

B: Baguley, Hartley, Ambrose
HB: McGrath, Hurley, Stanton
C: Zaharakis, Heppell, Parish
HF: Colyer, Hooker, Tipungwuti
F: Stewart, Daniher, Fantasia
FOL: Leuenberger, Watson, Zerrett
I/C: Goddard, Jerrett, Hocking, Kelly

2 Likes