Round 4 vs Crows Preview and Changes

I actually like BZT as Fullback and Lav in a back pocket, it would free him up to run a bit

Need to stop BIG TEX WALKER

Screenshot_20220402-171256_FaceSwap

Send it.

Out: Ham, Stewart, Smith, Phillips (backing Draper…for now).

In: Hobbs, BZT, Waterman, Baldwin

6 Likes

OUT: Stewart, Heppell, Ham, Draper
IN: BZT, Hobbs, Waterman, Bryan.

Stewart and Ham out because they may be try-hards, but they’re just not up to AFL standard. Time to see what Hobbs can do. We know what Waterman can do: he should be on the bench already.

Heppell out because he’s slow as a wet week, and is unfortunately past it as an AFL player. We can’t keep on looking for somewhere to hide him.

Draper out because he gets a lot of taps, but, unlike Phillips, can’t direct them to his own midfielders, can’t take a mark, can’t kick accurately, never scores. He needs a couple of weeks in the Magoos to reset his game.

Phillips won his ruck play against Melbourne; Draper lost his. Bryan needs a chance to show what he can do in the big time. Doubling up with Phillips would be ideal for him. Phillips will help him; Draper would only see him as competition.

There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell of any of this, but it’s what I’d like to see happen this week.

8 Likes

Surely Hobbs gets a game this week?

I think the crows will actually test us. Not a gimme game. We better be switched on!

1 Like

I hope coaches start paying attention to Drapers lack of football nous & Bryans very high skill level. One reminds me of a bully, nice to have but limited value in the age of the the video review.
The other reminds me of a young Simon Madden.

For those people who are too young to know who that is, he was one of our best all time players, a fair player and a gun. Under his sublime ruckwork we won back to backs.

Sorry Draper, you need another year in the VFL to develop pretty much everything, the kicking should be the first issue he resolves.

5 Likes

Draper and McGrath… If you were a savvy stockbroker, you would be launching into these two stocks who will never be as low-value as they are right now.

By the way, this is not a defense of those players, who are definitely underperforming- merely a head-tilt to their overall career trajectory.

3 Likes

Hobbs will definitely be in!!

Out Heppell (rested), Ham, Draper

In Francis, Hobbs, Bryan

3 Likes

Season isn’t over by any stretch.

We need a win to kick start our season, and we need it this week

You should never chuck in the towel after only 3 games, never

17 Likes

well if you want to limp into 8th spot again, and have nothing really change cos “success is only just around the corner” and “we’ll be better next year cos of it” then by all means the season isn’t over and continue to thrive for such lofty heights of success relative to the EFC brand.

considering people saying that they “expected” a 0-3 cos of how hard the draw was cos the opposition was 3 of the top 4 finalists, i’m not exactly sure what sort of opposition you expect to face in finals.
cos it sure as hell ain’t going to be your norths and adealides you face in there.

like i said before the longer the club continues to deny the problem that they simply aren’t good enough to beat good sides, the longer the problem takes to get fixed.
and the problem isn’t going to be fixed by continuing to play the likes of heppell, stewart and co.
you simply aren’t going to get success or build a successful culture by continuing to play non afl standard players, just cos they give you warm fuzzy feels.

2 Likes

In - Bryan, Snelling
Out - Draper, Ham

Draper’s kicking is hardly a problem because he rarely gets a kick!

1 Like

amazing that when we went man on man vs melbourne they stopped scoring at will

then we went back to zone for some reason

3 Likes

Out: Stewart, Wanganeen, Ham, Guelfi
In: Zerk Thatcher, Snelling, Cox, Hobbs
Sub: Guelfi

Snelling isn’t ready yet.

Apparently Hobbs played well in the VFL.

Dropping Tex? Interesting.

1 Like

Any indication made of his timeline?
I may have missed it.

1 Like

Tex stays

2 Likes