Round 5 2017 Non Essington Games

It did look like he was looking for the cheap possession. After he’s had time to reflect I reckon he owes Garlett and his team an apology.

Roos dropped Hogan and pulled him aside earlier on in his career after he thought he’d made it in the game. If it wasn’t laces out or he even dropped one, no second effort on the deck and occasional strops.

Great talent but fine tuning probably still required.

2 weeks ago we had no ruckmen Melbourne had 2 . Tables completely reversed next weekend.

And he may have been rooted but an effort right then was what was required. He was one out with the Richmond defender and once in front on a lead, would have been near impossible to stop. Garlett is an excellent field kick and would have put up a 35m drop punt lace out but was asked instead to kick it 50m + sideways. Big moments like that required key personnel to take charge. A mark + goal may well have changed the course of the game.

1 Like

Heaven forbid a kid with 40 games under his belt could make the wrong decision. Some very high expectations here.

Disagree.

I can see why Richmond fans get annoyed at Brandon Ellis’s performance… Bloke just sat out of the contest looking for a cheap feed on the outside. Caddy showed more ticker than that bloke.

The mistake you can live with, the attitude is harder.
I daresay he’d be being paid as a senior player by now.

2 Likes

Grigg too. Does absolutely nothing and stands by himself actively avoiding contact.

At least they didn’t waste a top draft pick on Grigg.

One of my mates who rates Ellis wants him played on the wing, not the HBF where he does bugger all. His best form was when he played on the wing. Racked up the disposals.

But which mistake do you excuse? The failure to provide an option? The lack of pressure when the ball came to ground (which resulted in a Richmond score)? or the getting all finger pointy at Garlett for not being skilled enough to kick at right angles whilst at top pace?

I’d forgive the failure to present. Joe D did that persistently for about 3 years.

Anyone else see Hibberd watch the game winner go over his head from on his ■■■ v richmond, played great game, softed out at the end, went to ground when should have polaxed that dude and sent that ball through the points sticks

poetic justice

as is Swans bottom of the ladder

it’s a good year

Ordinary post tbh.

pig always tried for us, was just cooked at the end, also the club ruined his career almost.

1 Like

The Swans sledge was particularly nasty.