Round 5 2017 Non Essington Games

Has a team ever dominated a game so much but deserved to lose as much as Footscray today?

1 Like

Demott banging on about Rich being fatigued when he pretty clearly hurt his ankle in the 3rd quarter.

Dogs got the benefit of the ā€œbetter teamā€ 50 there.

CLUG! Just ruined bont

Umpires in full umpiring based on expectation rather than reality mode.

I knew we should haveā€¦

Iā€™ll get me coat

Big fist pump for the goal to pinch a win over one of last years bottom 4 teams what a moron

3 Likes

Lions donā€™t deserve this

1 Like

Great effort by Lions albeit aided by terrible kicking by Dogs in first half.

In the end stronger side won, Lions had 9 of the 10 worst performers on the day stats wise. The top tier Lions having to do too much to carry the team.

Adelaide on the back foot already. Literally.

Adelaide continues to demolish sides.

I read the posts but can someone go a bit more in depth about McCluggageā€™s game?

When brisbane were on top he was getting the ball in dangerous places and doing good things (good passes, kicked a goal, handballs that release other players, that kind of thing). When the dogs were on top, his game faded away because he tends to back his teammate to win the contest rather than dive in as an extra man. Laid a few good tackles and such. He was often near stationary when he got the ball rather than running through at full pace, but seemed to be in enough space that it didnā€™t cost him.

As I said a couple of weeks ago I think his possession count will spike when his teammates start looking for him more because heā€™s almost always available.

Itā€™s very possible if GWS had taken him he would have already had a 25 disposal 3 goal type game, but Brisbane arenā€™t in a position to make the most of a prolific outside ball winner. I reckon if weā€™d taken him thereā€™d definitely be a lot of people calling him soft and saying we should have taken McGrath.

1 Like

Downhill skiiing squib

I jest. Looked good with ball in hand and always runs to good areas. But as said above more classical outside type player so needs others to be getting him footy.

On another note Rory Sloane will have to be a huge brownlow chance. Up to 22 disposals and 10 tackles already and its only half way through 3rd Q.

Thatā€™s the kind of defensive intent you want from your inside mids.

Talia hammy for the Crows, keep the injuries coming as watching bits of their ressies getting mauled today they have zero depth

Can Adelaide plz stop putting up these huge scores

Peaking early hopefully

Theyā€™re scary good. Winning games by ten goals in second gear

The Crows just keep scoring big. Scary!!

FRANKLIN! should be making an appearance any time now.

1 Like