Round 5 Non-Essington Games

Too much Collingwood love from you geeks.

1 Like

True but oh how nice it would be to have more ups than downs. They will finish top 4 this year and most likely play in a GF again

We’ve got 6, they’ve got 13 and bar guys like Dunn and Roughead they wouldn’t have swapped clubs on the cheap.

Even Mayne was on good coin, of course everyone does it I’m just merely contemplating how they’ve afforded the list they’ve put together especially when you usually pay extra for traded in players.

The salary cap has increased significantly in recent years so maybe they’ve timed it to perfection.

We have a better list then Collingwood, and Geelong. But are a long long way behind the pies, Geelong, wc, and gws when it comes ro structure and game plan.

The Pies have assembled a very good side with exceptional depth.

It’s possible that I’m a rank optimist, but I still don’t see their path to the flag as a complete certainty, though I’d bet heavily on them being top 4.

I think sides that control the ball well by foot and have the strength to stand up to them in the contest will feel confident about their chances; Geelong, the Giants, and dare I say it, Essendon, have the game style to stretch them - whereas West Coast will start outright favourites.

West Coast will kill every other side dead. Daylight second. Geelong, GWS and Collingwood next.

I really don’t know where you get the idea that our list is better than Geelong or Collingwood’s. Both those teams have proven something on the big stage, we haven’t won a final in 15 years.

2 Likes

I don’t think we are any inferior talent-wise, and that’s the point. It’s about coaching, physical conditioning, leadership, discipline. That’s where I feel we can get the most improvement. However this season pans out, what we do in those departments for 2020 and beyond will determine what we can achieve. We see it in patches, but consistency of performance is what we need to strive for.

2 Likes

We are quick but our list is short (as in height!) and we still have many players who need to fill out. How much that works against us I’m not sure but I think we look like boys v men against the likes of West Coast, Geelong & even the Pies.

What @smooth said

1 Like

Oh yeah there’s another game

Not today atm, but it isn’t HT yet.

I’m pretty sure it’s JUST mathematically possible for Port to win by just enough to go ahead of us on the ladder, but not quite by enough to knock WC down below us…

Eagles ZERO intercept marks and we are nearly at half-time. Port has deliberately not gone long inside 50 to deny that. Smart coaching as this is the springboard to Eagles attacks.

1 Like

BOOOOO

1 Like

WC look like Norf tonight

Petrocelle has kicked their entire score

What a poor excuse for a footy club WCE.
How did these blokes win a flag!!??

For some reason, port match up well against the coke heads. Didn’t have the cajones to tip them though.