Round 5 Non-Essington Games

Career avg 7.8 disposals.

Like an extra mid, just not a very good one.

It’s been a good turn around by the team.

5 Likes

Not talking about League though.
Nearly 8k down on last year and the second worst Easter Monday crowd in the last 10 years (only twice has the crowd been below 73k in that time)

So we’re on top of the form ladder!

5 Likes

It’s entirely sustainable. The goals are not pulled out of nothing, they’re the product of relentless pressure all over the ground for the whole duration of the game. Plus a lot of very good players: Roughhead, Scully, Sicily, Gunston, Poopy and a lot of others — not as many as in their premiership years, but still many. They beat us late last year with that combination of pressure and talent — we matched their pressure for part of the game but not all of it, and that was enough to give them the win.

Geelong won today because they matched the pressure and had more talent. If we don’t match the pressure we will lose when we play them.

Never underestimate your opposition.

Form team… only club with 3 W’s on the trot.

2 Likes

2 and 3 out, 13 in, and a raffle for the last spot for mine.

The turn up from the MCC and AFL members today was down which means alot of neutrals stayed away.

1 Like

10 in too I reckon.

66k is a good crowd.

Not when you constantly sprout off that you have a zillion members

2 Likes

It’s Easter. Give them a break.

Nope, not this year.

GAJ was relentlessly booed by the Hawks fans today. The comms speculated that it was because he liked Folau’s FB post. This despite the fact that in round 21 last year GAJ was relentlessly booed by Hawks fans then and he hadn’t liked anyone’s FB post.

Media making a story from one that didn’t exist, who would have thought it?

4 Likes

Pipe down Hawk lover

5 Likes

Yep and was booed by the Pies fans very touch round 1 I think, has nothing at all to do with the Folau post

Almost as sickienjng as the media made up story about Franklin being traded

Way too much open communication with Selwood,Danger and Gaz with the umpires today.for my liking.
I always go for Geelong over Hawthorn so was happy with the result but every time there was a contest involving these blokes they would constantly be chirping away saying they deserve a free.
Used to seeing it with Selwood but now the other two don’t let up either.

Dangerfield has been doing that for ages. It’s not a good look.

1 Like

I don’t want to be branded a Sicily lover, but I did love him dragging Ablett away from the ump at three-quarter time.

1 Like

For what it’s worth I have family that are Cats fans and they mentioned it was clearly louder at the game than what he or any other player has copped traditionally in the past.