Round 5 vs The 'Aints -Matchday Thread

Unfortunately we are on a “hiding to nothing” today as my old man would say. If we lose then it’s all bad, and if we win, even convincingly, well it’s only St Kilda, and we will go soft into our next encounter.

What I want to see is intensity and execution, I want to see good avenues to goal and I want us to make them pay when the make mistakes. So sick of us winning turnovers then giving it straight back.

Let’s see a few of our guys played into form, a percentage boost, and no injuries.

Guaranteed it will be an ugly game.

We generally find a way to embarrass ourselves in these games.

Every time prior to them the usual “Oh but the side looks different this time!” line gets overused…

No expectations this time. Every game this year the Saints have played really well in patches and coupled with our abysmal forward line then this has all the makings of one of those games…

What you will see is a win and…

Dempsey doing his usual down back, not using his run he supposedly has.
Zaka prancing around as a greek god
Watson giving his heart, mind and soul for the team ( such a legend )
Carlsile clicking his front of his shoes when he walks
Bellchambers giving opposition smug smiles
Howlett not winning the ball enough in absence of Myers and Hocking

That’s all negative!! Think positive I am today cmon Red n Black I think you are all in for a good game today!! Go bombers :slight_smile:

Can we get St Kilda to read this thread?

A part from the win against Melbourne in early 2013, we very rarely find a way to convincingly beat teams that we are better than. The more defensive we’ve become, the less impressive these game have become.
Nothing would delight me more than an epic victory but I doubt that will happen.
Essendon by 14 points.

Is this game live on 7

melbourne 2013 version hammering, coming right up.

After last weeks pathetic effort, any win would be a good win.

Team tips…

Don’t celebrate a goal like its a miracle.
Don’t drop your heads if the opposition kicks a few goals.
Its OK not to be nice.

Btw, here’s some interesting reading.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_goal_kickers

Yes, just as Collingwood did a few weeks ago against the Saints Essendon need to win with purpose and run themselves into form in readiness for Freo and North. If it’s a labouring type of game Essendon’s chances against those 2 teams head south with a bullet.

After last weeks pathetic effort, any win would be a good win.

Team tips…

Don’t celebrate a goal like its a miracle.
Don’t drop your heads if the opposition kicks a few goals.
Its OK not to be nice.

We basically need to harden the ■■■■ up and do what needs to be done.

If we dont win this by 50+ there is very little point in us making finals. When are we going to put the foot on an opponents throat. Lets come out like hawthorn did.

We tended to suck at Etihad last year.

Is this game live on 7

Yes.

Harden up you depressing dickheads we will win by plenty

We expecting any late changes?

And I’m expecting ham won’t start as sub.

Belly needs to show as much all around the ground effort as Todd Goldstein did last night.

FARKN LANGAS

Essendon need percentage but I’m not sure the 10th placed team can win big against the 16th placed team? Only 1 game and not a lot of percentage separates the 2. I’d like to say I’m joking

Can we go back to making this thread when the late changes and sub are announced.

Won’t see the game today :frowning:

Good luck to the boys!

Go Bombers :slight_smile: