Round 6 2019 non Essendon games

and we’ve beaten two of those we played

Went to the game tonight.

It was more Scrappy Coco than Adam Sandler in sandals.

Made me appreciate how beautifully we play when we are on.

1 Like

Dees were woeful. Took it up to the Tigers for a half and then fell away badly. If not for Gawn’s marking in defence it would ave gotten much uglier, more quickly. Melksham started out very well and was one of the few able to hit a target going forward. The rest? Didn’t really show up. Tom McDonald is a shadow of the player he was and Frost is Liam Jones level bad, one of the worst KPD players l have ever seen.

2 Likes

Why are we surprised at Melbourne’s performance - Beat one top 8 team to make finals in 2018 and got lucky in the finals - They’ve been over-rated for 12 months.

Thoughts on Stack? If you have a good culture, which Richmond do it’s a no brainer. At the end of the day if he farks up just tear up the contract and ask the AFL for special compo. It’s a free option these days.

They wouldn’t need compo, they invested virtually nothing in him.

Mike Pyke used to play Rugby in Canada.

I meant for the vacant list spot if he got booted mid year.

1 Like

Scott Pendlebury has a basketball background

3 Likes

Collingwood made the top 4 last year beating 1 top 8 team…

2 Likes

I went last night, mate of mine had tickets through his work. First off as a pre-game spectacle, amazing. The ‘G at night, lights off with only people holding torches or having their mobile phone flashlights on for the ceremony was so awesome. I know people poo-poo Anzac Eve and it takes away from our game but it’s been done really well. Now to the footy. ■■■■ me that was an atrocious game!! My brother and cousin have been on about this for the past 18 months and I have to agree, Richmond winning the flag was bad for football. All they do is basically get the ball forward at every opportunity, scrubby kick off the ground, tap on, hack kick, and then get mass numbers ready to tackle and lock the ball in, rinse and repeat. Now that a team has tasted the ultimate success doing this, opposing clubs invariably copy. We were sat around predominantly Tigers supporters and even they were frustrated at the lack of skill, constant turnover and the scrappy nature of the game, but the only thing that soothes that for them is that they win doing this.

The Dees are absolutely cooked. Hibberd is gone, game has passed him by. Sad to say as I loved him as a Don but he’s no longer the dasher he was with us on in 2017 when he was All-Australian.

5 Likes

Blicavs is tall and athletic

Only watched the first half before gouging my eyes out. I thought he was really good on Dusty who only had 10 touches or so at HT.

He’s definitely lost a yard of pace. Just looking at his numbers from his 2017 season to now, ‘17 averaged 27 disposals at 77% efficiency with 7 D50 rebounds per game. Last year 19 disposals a game @ 73%, 4 D50 rebounds. This year (admittedly a small sample set) 15 disposals @ 59%, 3 D50 rebounds. That’s a big drop off.

If he was on Dusty the whole game, and kept him to 17 & a goal, it’s almost irrelevant.

He stayed on Dusty in the 3rd qtr. Not sure about the 4th. I stopped paying attention

1 Like

Thought Pig was great playing on Dusty last night. Didnt see him much around the ground and the onlygoal he got was a sidebottom seagulling special

2 Likes

The nosebeers are what’s affecting Dusty most. He’s been putrid this season…

Haven’t affected him the last 10 years.

1 Like

Looks like Jack will be out for some time with a possible PCL.