Round 6 2019 non Essendon games

Miss finals again then Worsfold needs to go and a broom through the footy department.

If there is a suitable replacement then probably yes.

I’m still hopeful we can push for top four this year but we do need to start being more ruthless as a side.

We need to start beating quality sides and no more slip ups against bottom sides.

If we can win 3 of the next 4 then we will be very well set up for the second half of the year where I expect we will really hit our straps.

1 Like

If Worsfold were to get the chop Caracella or Ratten will be my choices but in saying that I hope you are right.

No point worrying about it now.

At the end of this round there might be a couple of sides two games clear if us and a handful just one game.

If we go 1-3 or 2-2 over the next month then I think we will be under pressure again.

Let’s see what this side is made of.

1 Like

He tags in the midfield, Kelly and Dangerfield will say likewise

What if it was a Triple Threat with Umpirington also involved?

(It’s in Sydney, why am I saying “what if”?)

1 Like

Wow.

They really are on the slide. Fans still seem to show up. 30K last night considering GWS would have probably supplied less than 1k of those.

If the swans lose again next week, can you imagine the absolute rogering we are gonna cop from the umpires up there to keep them in it?

Ronke is a very good goal sneak, but that’s all he does and if he doesn’t kick goals he has nothing else to offer.

The AFaiL no longer needs a strong Swans team to prop up the Sydney market. As they continue to slide, GWS are on the rise to take their place.

Their largest home crowd attendance that doesn’t involve the Sydney Football Club hasn’t broken 16k yet.
GWS kinda needs Sydney to be strong as much as anyone.

Good point, l was thinking more of TV audience, rather than bums on seats. However if GWS snag a flag any time soon, their attendance figures will rise.

1 Like

Ehhhhh…you’re more confident of that than me.
They’ve played seven finals in the last three years.
Doesn’t seem to have done much to their home crowds.

Seven finals, but no flags yet, not even a GF appearance. Would a flag make all that much of a difference? We should check with the Bulldogs and Ninthmond.

Okay, let’s see…
Right, I’ve checked with the Bulldogs and a flag didn’t really do anything for them regarding home crowds.
Playing finals did.
Two years after their flag, their home attendances were down to 1990 levels.

I’m not sure that the behemoth that is Richmond is of any use to us in comparison with GWS, but I’ll give it a shot.

Ah, well they’ve had a one year bump too, but it’s too early to say further than that.

1 Like

Last season he averaged 1.5 goals a game but his tackle count and pressure act stats were through the roof. So much so that he pushed G Rohan out of the side. What’s making it worse is that Papley is playing more up field leaving Ronke with a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. Players like Blakey and McCartin are both very young and are still finding their way but aren’t offering a lot if the ball comes to ground. Keeping the ball locked in to the attacking 50 is a real problem for Sydney at the moment and it puts a lot of pressure on up field when they can’t provide repeated entries when the opportunities are there.

It’s a different side to the one that beat GWS at Spotless late last year and will take some time to work out but a few of the newer players that have got their chance early this year have shown they will have a bit to offer down the line with more games under their belts.

So one game where he followed Dangerfield tagging is the equivalent of Myers playing pure midfielder every game? De Boer plays a forward tags probably 8/10, he’s our Baguley equivalent.

McAdam just called FCFC the “rampaging Bloos”. Bizarre

2 Likes

Talk on 3AW is of Tasmania getting a team in the next 5 or so years.
Make of that what you will.
Could be the Roos relocating, or could be a new team, if the AFaiL decide to expand once more.

Wasn’t the rumour that North’s Tasmanian home game allocation would increase from 4 to 7?