Round 6.5 (don’t ask) Essendon v Tenthmond @ Punt Road Oval, 4pm Saturday 27 May 2017

I notice Soldo (204cm) was dropped from the Richmond seniors. Haven’t seen their VFL team yet.

Mason is my Cousin’s Son.

Lets hope Nernan proves to be handy

No Hocking?

Emergency for the AFL side.
Perhaps a late change

Boyse and Hind have been named as the two emergencies for the game against the WAFL. As that game starts two hours earlier at Port Melbourne, I trust we’ll have both of them available.

So that leaves Ferry our donation to that game, while Richmond donates their captain (Darley).

3 Likes

There’s always one held over as an emergency.

I remember those heady days when Blitzers assumed there would be 3 late changes every week, usually to get their favourite into the team, even if their guy wasn’t even a named emergency.

1 Like

If he doesn’t come in and is merely “rested”, we riot.

They could have delayed the start time of this game to coincide with the END of The Long Walk, … rather than the beginning of it.

Richmond

B: 42. R. Garthwaite, 53. H. Beasley, 11. J. Batchelor

HB: 28. T. Hunt, 38. S. Morris, 32. C. Ellis

C: 31. O. Markov, 26. A. Miles, 54. J. Ballard

HF: 58. J. Aarts, 60. T. Langford, 64. T. Silvestro

F: 44. T. Stengle, 41. M. Chol, 7. B. Lennon

R: 20. I. Maric, 21. J. Townsend, 57. B. Wood

Int: 47. I. Soldo, 67. B. Credlin, 55. R. Bathie, 72. T. Kruse, 61. J. Fletcher, 78. D. Coffield, 62. J. Cass, 52. A. Scott

23P: 83. D. Smith

In: R. Bathie, A. Miles, D. Smith , T. Kruse, A. Scott, T. Langford, Cass, I. Soldo

Out: C. Moore, S. Darley, M. O’Sullivan, T. Elton

Soldo & Maric will share ruck duties, neither offers much when not rucking. Moore is out but 198cm ex Cat Ryan Bathie returns from injury and is a substantial upgrade on what Moore offers at this point - certain to play (if fit) and will be their most damaging tall forward, bar Chol having one of his rare days out. Not much on their end either as far as KPDs go - both Beasley & Garthwaite traditionally play as KPD at VFL level but are 3rd tall height - both are ultra-competitive though which helps offset things. One big difference from the pre-season game @theDJR is they have a legit inside midfield this time - only Miles played then, Townsend, Ballard and Wood join him now.

1 Like

Much better still it should have been played as the curtain raiser to the main game.

5 Likes

Okay so the trend in the last two weeks; Essendon VFL side has a good win, Essendon AFL side has a good win.

Let’s keep this going.

4 Likes

Taylor Hunt still plays?

Will be a good test for Draper against Maric & Soldo, two AFL quality ruckman. Would love us to gift him a game near the end of the year (not gift, but you know) if finals are out of the equation.

Not sure if doing that during our finals series would be wise

AFL > VFL.

So whats th VFL deets today DJ? @theDJR

Cost, … m/ship entry?

Capacity, … best place to watch from ? (that’s close to the bar :wink: )

Saturday’s game kicks off at 4pm and Gates open at 3:30pm. A pre-game ceremony, including a War Cry begins at approximately 3:48pm. Entry is free for Richmond members. Food and drink will be available to purchase.

So it’ll be $5 away members/$10 normal adult/less or nothing for others.

Main entrance is at the Punt Road end (where their car park is). Beer is on your right at the base of the stand as you walk in.

Capacity is a bit rubbish, hopefully Long Walkers flood the place after half-time. Radio 3DJR will be in the stand on the wing.

2 Likes

Tickety boo mate, ta. See you and your dancing digits there :+1:

is it free entry today?

Lol read two posts above yours

1 Like