Round 6 vs The Tin Rattling Tryhards Moving to Tassie - anticipation

is that Norf kid still playing?

1 Like

Never mind, i just googled it. Dan Nielson R.I.P.

1 Like

Selectors have a really tough job this week.

Hopefully Stewart trains the house down. I’d be leaning towards picking him so we can try and maintain the structure from Friday night.

Francis could also come in as a forward I guess. Is he fit? Do they prefer him over Gleeson?

Did lav do enough?

McKenna and Merrett have to play obviously. Zaha surely to be dropped.

Hooker Hurley Ridley
Saad Redman McKenna

Merrett parish Langford
Philips McGrath Shiel

Smith tippa Snelling
Stewart smack Townsend

Fanta Hibberd ham gleeson

Maybe, I really dunno

3 Likes

We’re cooked

1 Like

North have more holes than Swiss cheese.
Cunnington has literally been carrying them so no surprise his back is fkd.
Their backline has more panic merchants than Victoria has COVID cases.
Their best defender is Tarrant and he had six kicked on him last night.
They have been forced to play Xerri at CHF and he averages one mark a game so he’s not exactly Nick Riewoldt.
Ben Brown couldn’t get a kick in the Running of the Bulls.
Then there’s the front runner of all front runners in Aaron Hall who could only amass two effective disposals last night. He hates tackling so much he doesn’t even use a tackle when he takes his tinny out like for Murray cod.
Goldstein will get 2 goals and Brown 1 from free kicks and Zurhaar will pull one out of his ■■■■.
But we will comfortably kick more than four goals.

16 Likes

They’ve been in some form, won the last 3 after getting smashed against Collingwood and then the saints after the restart
EDIT: lol, didn’t realise the fixture changed.

2 Likes

it was the tin rattling part that got you, right ?? :rofl: :rofl:

and yet this is the type of game we have struggled with in the past.

I know i said collingwood was a big test to where we are at, and that was true.
ironically now this game is actually going to be a very good key indicator of where the club is at.

North will lift cos they are playing us no doubt.
turn up ready to play, and stick to the richmond gameplan as much as possible i think we win easily.
if they don’t however, shudders.

3 Likes

Totally agree this has Carlton all over it. These are the games that tell us if we improve as a group. Drop this one and there is no improvement. We must bring the right level on intensity and hunt the ball. That effort changes everything in terms of game plan, confidence and skill level.

11 Likes

Tippa BOG

i still put the carlton loss down to interruptions during the week and lack of continuity we were scratchy as and almost won it.

If we beat North then we have some ticker.

If we lose well, it’s Essington again.

Phillips should be pencilled in if not injured.

biggest challenge is who/how we replace stringers I see it Stewart has had lack of match play big risk, but probably best fit.

Then you have Bellchambers as a tall forward which doesn’t give me that much hope, but we should do well when he is second ruck. And McKernan can stay forward more.

Third option is Lav plays Stringer role and we bring in another small forward -Cahill or Mozzie or even McKenna plays forward.

2 Likes

I can see how people put the prep down to the Carlton loss, but getting 2 goals up in the last, all the momentum and we choke, well it is effort that cost us (lack of mental application for 1 quarter cost us the game).

TBell is a liability up fwd as he simply doesn’t compete when the ball is on the ground and his lack of marks in his previous two games suggests he can’t even perform a role up fwd.
Bring in Stewart and give him a go.

Lav stays simply because Stringer is out. He was woeful, but he at least tries (unlike TBell). Another performance like Friday and I would bring in a kid to have a crack. We must play 2 talls up fwd so our gameplan of quick kicks into the fwd line allows us to contest the ball and bring the smalls into it.

In the end, the tackling pressure will dictate our games. If we bring it, we will be hard to beat, if we don’t (as per previous seasons being utterly inconsistent), then we won’t.

1 Like

I will keep Hibberd in. May get something extra vs old team.

3 Likes

Merrett for Hibberd (Harsh, but Merrett is better, and they won’t be using Hib in his ideal position)

McKenna for Stringer (McKenna to the HBF; Hooker to swing as needed)

Cahill for Zaharakis (I’d also accept Mozzie)

1 Like

Are we taking the whole squad to Gold Coast?, that would be the only way we could play scratch matches.

No we wouldn’t. The Roos play decent football.

Drop.

Zaharakis.

2 Likes

I prefer playing good teams where i feel we have no chance than going in favourites. But am i right in saying we only need to win 6 of our remaining 13 games to play finals?

Yah we have a happy knack of upsetting them eh.

Roos should be about our level. They wjll prob play harder and roll us though.

Something to whet the appetite!

6 Likes