Round 7 Non-Essendon Games

The saints have absolutely been the better team this quarter by a wide margin, but the umpires have murdered the giants.

I still don’t buy the saints as a force, though. Their midfield reminds me of north at their most recent best, with lots of solid guys playing at their best but light on for genuine stars. They’re mostly young, though, so they might yet step up to the next level.

Saints played with a lot of heart tonight.

2 Likes

Building a very good side St Kilda. Excellent effort from their midfield.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I tipped it. The only one in my comp.

2 Likes

Easy to look good when your opposition has players down. Giants were out on their feet in the last quarter. Doesn’t matter how fit you are the lack of rotations will catch up with you. Starting to see it far more often now that teams playing long lengths of time with players down getting steamrolled in the last

Good drafts will do that.
At the end of the day they have won as many flags as us in the last few years

Being like North is a good call.

Saints just are not that good, only won tonight because the giants lost a player and the umps kept them in it. There players are all ‘meh’ none are really threatening.

They need a player like Fyfe for anybody to take them seriously, but why would Fyfe go to them when there are far better options.

1 Like

Shaw had a shocker. The Giants must be furious right now that they didn’t get Pigeon.

Who’d want a fkn pigeon?

Good win by the Saints but I’m still not convinced. Many times tonight fumbles, poor skills and poor decisions were not punished. Tackling was excellent though. They’ll play like that again and get done if they aren’t careful.

Losing Kennedy is like losing Hurley, he stopped them from losing to FFC last week IMO. so many intercept marks… while not contested. he stopped there flow at important moments cutting them off.
He is one of there key backs… he is there Hurley. Might have been different with Kennedy all match.

Think they would be pretty happy with Toranto.

1 Like

Eat a ■■■■ Gi…I mean AFL.

So…the evolution of the running game and reduced rotations now means that a player or two injured early means the difference of win/loss. Good work! All we need now, is the reintroduction of expendable hitmen, and we have a winning finals formula.

3 Likes

This just sounds like partisan sour grapes, to be honest. They played well, and just because people don’t like them, doesn’t make them any worse as a team. If that was us, we’d be farkin ecstatic.

2 Likes

I think they’ll be happy with Taranto.

Yep, bring back the biff lol
Last nights game had the same feel that the Melbourne v Richmond had, you just knew the Giants would get ran over eventually and the signs were there in the third quarter. If you lose a player before half time in modern football you are in deep strife

We are so far off the pace of the leading teams it’s scary, probably two trade periods away from contending if all goes well.

4 Likes

How the fk are we still garbage and the saints have rebuilt and already better than us?

2 Likes

By making the hard calls.
They got rid of BJ, Dal Santo, McEvoy etc at the right time. They have drafted pretty well also apart from the McCartin one which I think they got wrong

1 Like