Round 7 Non Essendon games

Richmond remind me of Essendon 2000

God richmond would belt us by 100 points if we played them tomorrow

Too soon to ask whether the many Blitzers who, in December, voted Richmond 2017 as the “worst premier” would be interested in changing their mind?

I mean, they’ve only played one finalist from last year so far, and that’s the only game they’ve lost.

That said, I can’t remember if I said dogs or richmond, but it would have been one of those two. A lot of the players I assumed were middling players having extraordinary seasons seem to have maintained their form, which suggests they’re more likely just good players. As a team, they’re definitely better than I gave them credit for.

Given I also tipped north to be a guarantee for the bottom 4, and west coast to fall off a cliff, it’s fairly clear I’m bad at judging football teams.

I’m similarly bad. I thought the same about West Coast and North. I actually had some money on West Coast for the spoon.

I thought Richmond could be ok again and I thought the most likely scenario would be a finish between 5 and 8. I didn’t expect them to be anywhere near this good. They’re actually a reasonable chance to go back to back. But it would be interesting to see how they go if 1 or 2 of their top 5 were injured for an extended period. But it’s pointless wondering because those guys never are.

Freo getting pumped, game plan not working as Tigers just shredding their press, at half time they come out and play one one one footy.

And now they are in the game if not completely on top albeit got a decent margin to fight back on.

Nice work Ross the boss

1 Like

We have the worst coach in the league.
Richmond will win today but Fre mantle have come out in the second half with a completely different game plan. Seem to be playing on on one and copying richmond’s style. they are fighting back.

We never change the gameplay or do anything on match day

At least Freo are putting up a fight in the 3rd quarter.

I’d love it if we had Ross Lyon as coach

1 Like

:grimacing:

Nat Fyfe is a beast. Freo have a great midfield.

Richmond certainly getting a good run from umpires.

MOMENTUM

2 Likes

Freo couldn’t sustain their man on man footy so as the game wore on Tigers were able to get free and put them away!

God help us for Dreamtime

I won’t be going that’s for sure.

dreamtime games have been pretty shithouse from both teams over the years

Any thoughts from @Riolio and @benfti on THE RECRUIT playing?

1 Like

I’d honestly kill for someone like Nathan Jones, he’d straighten us up so much in the middle

1 Like

Far out, even St Kilda look more organised on the ground than we do.

Jimmy Bartel right up there with Brett Kirk for awkward, uncomfortable presenters