Round 9: bring on the bloods and buddy

Hope Myers gets up for this game.

This will be a good test for our defence as well.

Buddy this week 2-7 next week 15-0 with goals from 60m out on the boundary.

Buddy has killed everyone who we have tried to match him with over the past 7 years.

Yes , he even has a couple of 5 goal hauls against Hooker.

So it will be interesting to see how Hurls goes.

And please don’t try to tell me Hurls won’t pick him up, because I’ve been right every single farkin time I’ve given you guys the match-ups in recent time.

I picked the exact match ups on ANZAC Day.

I told LWM last week that the WB wouldn’t play Liam Jones in defence.

And I’m telling you numbskulls that Hurley will take Buddy, Hooker is ideally matched to Tippett, and Fletch can take the next best (whether that be Goodes or Reid).

Unless our midfield intensity improves markedly, and some of our mids find form, and we play with a little more dare, then we won’t have a chance next week.

Sydney won’t play sh*thouse, but I don’t know what we will produce.

I’d love to be positive, but I can’t see us putting 120 mins together of the kind of football that beats a Top 4/5 side.

Not at the moment anyway.

It looks like 4 - 5 going into the Bye, and then Dreamtime after the break.

The question is will Essendon score more than Franklin?

10 goals in not beyond Buddy, but may be a step too far for Essendon.

Not sure on the Chappy incidents, both looked bad from certain angles but did he actually make real contact in either? If it was only one he'd be odds on to get off, but 2 is pushing the odds out. If he's out, is there any way Peeto's boy can be elevated?

Seems to be a few too many kids in the team but Zerrett is interesting. Only 11 touches but 2 goals and the pass to Paddy in the dying minutes was THE BEST kick in the whole game.

Bring on the buds and ■■■■■■.

This is where I would like to see bomber pull one from left field and play Carlisle on Buddy! We have nothing to lose...  

Lol if carlisle gets a game next week. If you want someone to play ■■■■■ each week and have zero impact, may as well sign me up

This is where I would like to see bomber pull one from left field and play Carlisle on Buddy! We have nothing to lose...

Buddy kicked 9 last year.
Most of those, if not all, on Carlisle.

Hurley is a good match up for buddy for mine

The bloods. Makes me cringe every time I hate it right up there with shinboner spirit . Fark Sydney. Let’s smash em

Hope licha gets up. Howlett probably in the mix. Is myers any chance this week? Is it wrong that I’d be tempted to roll the dice on tbell

We've kicked 10 goals a game for 5 weeks (?) now.   On present evidence, I have no reason to believe that Essendon will be bringing anything more than it's Z game to Etihad next week.  If we do so against Sydney's defensive game I fear greatly that we might soon be longing for the days we used to be able to kick 10 in a game!

Here's hoping we can somehow find the switch, spark, or magic elixir (ASADA approved of course) that will provide a whole heap of new evidence on Friday, which shows us to be substantially more than a 10 minute burst, 10 goal a game team going forward.  

Hope licha gets up. Howlett probably in the mix. Is myers any chance this week? Is it wrong that I'd be tempted to roll the dice on tbell

doc reid said last week he'd "be expecting myers to put his hand up for selection friday week"

Might just be a good thing that we are going in rank underdogs…we don’t handle the favorites tag all that well.

Not sure on the Chappy incidents, both looked bad from certain angles but did he actually make real contact in either? If it was only one he'd be odds on to get off, but 2 is pushing the odds out. If he's out, is there any way Peeto's boy can be elevated?
Seems to be a few too many kids in the team but Zerrett is interesting. Only 11 touches but 2 goals and the pass to Paddy in the dying minutes was THE BEST kick in the whole game.

Yep that was a beautiful pass. Absolutely gorgeous. Oh that our forwards all got passes like that, we wouldn't be complaining about our forward line.

Myers and Howlett for Jerrett and Chapman. Need tough guys in the thick of it.

Possible ins:

Howlett, Myers, Winderlich, Bellchambers.

Decent lot if you ask me.

Do you remember how Carlisle played on Buddy last year?  I do.  Buddy scored 8 goals.  I would put Hurley on buddy.

Out: Carlisle, Dempsey, Zaka, Jackson Merrett

In: Howlett, Myers, Bellchambers, Winderlich