Round 9 - Changes vs Saints

In: Gwilt, LONG, Gleeson
Out: Ambrose, Polkinghorne, Crowley

Not sure who’s available in terms of injury. I assume Stokes, Smack and Dempsey are all injured.

Dear Woosh,

Hopefully by now you’ve realized Ambrose doesn’t do too much to impact a game.

Take care

Bye bye then

Dear mewanc2,

Hopefully you will soon realise I don’t give a fark what you think.

Ease down on a cactus,

Woosh.

possibly one of the greatest sign-offs ever, that

It's not that Polk has been "bad", he's been terrible until the last qtr or half of the last game when he was "OK", but there's just nothing to be gained from selecting him. He's just a mid sized, mid speed, no tricks player who is biding his time before he goes back to the VFL next year. I'm getting caught up on the Edwards hype and having a laugh, he's obviously 2 decent games or 1 very good game from actually deserving a game, but Jackson and Long have been going well enough for long enough that they deserve Polk's spot. Not just on form but long term. It's that simple.

I get that, but at the end of the day apart from bird, name another “grunt” player. You don’t want or need parish, zerret, zaka, merret, long, etc doing that. Don’t get me wrong, when it’s your turn to go, you go, but you want them doing what parish did against the Roos, hitting the ball at a million miles an hour and making them all look like gooses. Their strengths are their explosiveness and ability to find space and use the ball well. I much prefer Polk and bird at the bottom of the pack getting smashed and trying to feed the ball out to the other lads. He certainly won’t be there when Watson, Myers, hocking, Howlett return. But there is a need for his type of player and right now we don’t have that many. That’s how I see it anyway.

It's not that Polk has been "bad", he's been terrible until the last qtr or half of the last game when he was "OK", but there's just nothing to be gained from selecting him. He's just a mid sized, mid speed, no tricks player who is biding his time before he goes back to the VFL next year. I'm getting caught up on the Edwards hype and having a laugh, he's obviously 2 decent games or 1 very good game from actually deserving a game, but Jackson and Long have been going well enough for long enough that they deserve Polk's spot. Not just on form but long term. It's that simple.

Long’s form has been overrated imo. His last 2 games were a drop-off from what he was doing earlier in the season. Clearly they decided to rest him to freshen him up, so it will be interesting to see what he produces this week and over the next few weeks. I’d give him a crack for a couple of gam,es at some point, but I don’t think he’ll be physically up for playing more than 2 or 3 AFL games this season. That should hopefully be enough for him to realise how much work he has to put in over the next off-season. Hopefully then next season he’s ready to challenge stronger for a spot.

The Hartley suggestion is more of a fantasy, rather than a real suggestion. I’d just like to see what he can do up forward. IMO TIPPA needs to be pushed up the ground, just so we can fully capitalise on his brilliance. Perhaps next year he will be pushed up the ground more as HHH are back there. And with Ambrose, tbh he is the best match up for riewoldt. Personally I think Ambrose could work out in the long run as a versatile/3rd tall/run with defender. But once again when HHH come back, his spot will be in jeopardy.

I understand Polk and Crowley bring physicality and experience but their output hasnt been great so whats the point of playing them over the kids who actually have a future at this club. Would be inconsistent but most would probably give similar output + more spark than what polk and crowls add. (actually like polk, just dont think its worth playing him)

Squad:

IN: Gwilt, SAM MICHAEL, Gleeson, J Merrett
OUT: Grima

So big he needs capital letters.

Exactly, there is no reason for Polk to be playing instead of some of the youngsters. I could understand if he was playing well or adding something decent to the side, but he isn’t

It’s not that Polk has been “bad”, he’s been terrible until the last qtr or half of the last game when he was “OK”, but there’s just nothing to be gained from selecting him. He’s just a mid sized, mid speed, no tricks player who is biding his time before he goes back to the VFL next year. I’m getting caught up on the Edwards hype and having a laugh, he’s obviously 2 decent games or 1 very good game from actually deserving a game, but Jackson and Long have been going well enough for long enough that they deserve Polk’s spot. Not just on form but long term. It’s that simple.

what is it with the Polk hate? We don’t have to many true big bodied midfielders to do the real grunt work. Both he and Bird did a great job in the second half. I don’t get it? Do you want parish and zerret doing the work that bird and Polk do? Personally I don’t, would prefer parish and zerret reaping the rewards of that. But that’s just me.

He’s a slow, plodding half forward flanker who doesn’t kick goals, or lay tackles (4 tackles in 3 games), or get clearances (5 in 3 games), has poor disposal and has no future at the club. He and Bird have no reason to be lumped in together.

Bird is playing very well. Polkinhorne hasn’t done a single thing since he first got selected (apart from his one goal against the Blues. That was a good one)

Personally, I don’t get the ‘Polk love.’

Well I thought he played well in the second half last week…and people were saying the same thing about bird earlier in the year, so yea I’m lumping them together.

what is it with the Polk hate? We don’t have to many true big bodied midfielders to do the real grunt work. Both he and Bird did a great job in the second half. I don’t get it? Do you want parish and zerret doing the work that bird and Polk do? Personally I don’t, would prefer parish and zerret reaping the rewards of that. But that’s just me.

He’s a slow, plodding half forward flanker who doesn’t kick goals, or lay tackles (4 tackles in 3 games), or get clearances (5 in 3 games), has poor disposal and has no future at the club. He and Bird have no reason to be lumped in together.

Bird is playing very well. Polkinhorne hasn’t done a single thing since he first got selected (apart from his one goal against the Blues. That was a good one)

Personally, I don’t get the ‘Polk love.’

SLAMMIN SAM

Playing Michael deep forward could take a lot of heat off Daniher and Brown.

Be a bit like having Leigh Brown around loosening things up. Add Walla, Edwards and or Eades to that and you would have sweet mayhem. Not forgetting JD, Mitch, The Langford, Fanta, Conor and Jake Long when promoted…

Surely we must be able to string together an exciting forward line at some stage.

Playing Michael deep forward could take a lot of heat off Daniher and Brown.

VA
NIL
LA

WHERE’S THE TEAMMMMM

When SHAUNYE gets named as the first emergency, I'll be waiting outside training on the grassy knoll with the dart gun looking out for POLK

I’ll be your spotter. No way Polkinghorne should get another game with us

oh my

No Gwilt

He is in and named on the field

Whaaaaaaa!