Round that overlaps ANZAC Day – Non Essendon Games

I never usually agree with anything you say, but that’s what I thought too.
They spent the whole time reviewing whether the ball was touched off Rohan’s boot and completely failed to check if Heeney toe poked it through.

Edit: They showed a different angle in the post-match and Heeney didn’t touch it.

Exactly what I thought

The pundits say Sydney depends on Buddy to kick a winning score. Inclined to agree.

2 Likes

Two notes

• Horse is more one dimensional and just as stubborn on game day as Woosha is. Very overrated coach in my opinion.

• Yet another example of a supposed top side not coming to play and getting done by the underdog.
    Unless you’re playing Carlton at the moment you can’t just show up and expect your talent to get you over the line. I can’t think of a period where football has been as up and down as it is now which is a reflection of the brand of football that is currently being played.

I thought he was pretty young to have a mo like that, but then I remembered he’s Italian so probably just forgot to shave before the game.

EL MACO
and
HOT LEMON PIE

Heppell and Myers are the same size and Goddard is 193. Sloane, who’s normally there, is only 2cm bigger than Zerrett.
Size plays a part but it’s also how you use it and
your WILLINGNESS to use it.

Ignoring for the moment the fact there is no way on god’s green earth that Goddard is the same height as Hurley, I’ll give you that Heppell and Myers areabout the same height as Greenwood and Ellis-Yolmen. Not the same size by 5-10kg each I’d guess, but that wasn’t what I argued so fair enough.

And yes, Sloane isn’t much taller than Zerrett, but he is taller (if not, to be fair, bigger). And Crouch is bigger than Parish, and other Crouch is bigger than McGrath, and Milera is bigger than Smith, and Atkins is bigger than Zaka, and so is Poholke, and so is everyone on their main list except Betts and Laird. And so is Hannebery, and Kennedy, and Jones, and Florent, and McVeigh, and Heeney and everyone else on the swans’ list besides Papley and Jack.

I’m not going to go full defense on this because I’m not even a “big body” person, I sure as ■■■■ don’t want to stack our side with big slow guys again. I’m just an “enough midgets” person. The wagon I was pushing last year leading up to the draft was that we don’t have enough flexible mid-sized mids. Guys that teams like adelaide, geelong and sydney just seem to churn out year after year after year; decent height, decent size, decent speed, decent skills, even if they’re not worldbeaters. We seem to much prefer this delicate balancing act of speed from these two players, skill from these two, size from these two, hardness from these two, and when someone goes down you have to pick the next best player with that same attribute because if you just pick the next best player it tips the midfield into being too slow, or too small, or too unreliable, or too soft.

Anyway, that’s my late night rant of no particular value, and no doubt I’ll be proven wrong and we’ll win the flag and I guess that will have to do.

4 Likes

Franga will provide decent height, decent size, decent speed, decent hardness, and decent skills.

Problem solved.

1 Like

Sorry, that rant shouldn’t really be in the non-Essendon thread. @Special_Agent_Johnny can have the last word and I’ll leave it be.

Stringer?

also ■■■■ you sydney eat ■■■■ you ■■■■■■■ over umpired hacks

1 Like

Could have had Rioli @benfti

Aye. Just about anyone can beat anyone. Teams need to be up and about or they’ll perish. Our team is a classic example.

■■■■ Carlton to get turned over by 15 goals

Tex.

1 Like

I reckon smart money is on Carlton to turn up today and make it tricky for the Eagles.

Yeah but that’s no fun

Lucky if there was 10k at etihad

It’s the gws secret. Make sure there’s no atmosphere so they can just cruise along without things getting too intense