Round Whatever it is Non Essington Games (Offical whats for dinner thread)

two things

1. Are key forwards overrated? Sydney had no reid / franklin and won. Richmond have 1 key forward who isn’t even big (Jack). Is it time for us to change? Let’s play stringer or langford as a key forward and surround them by a team of mosquitos
  2. WAtching sydney has made me realize how soft we are . Jesus. Those big boddies, parker, kennedy, jack etc. Also there young players too. Hard as nails. what a side.
2 Likes

How many teams in recent years have won with just three goalkickers?

Who the f is ronke?

He was in our next gen academy from memory

We can, they just play reserves for 4 years, lose confidence and after another 3 years in and out of the side we give them a 2 year extension before trying to trade them

1 Like

Under our noses too. St Bernards and Calder Cannons boy.

1 Like

It’s all about development. These good kids at Sydney and hawthorn would still be languishing in the reserves. We just don’t develop the kids well anymore.

Who the hell is ronke? How dare he outshine sicily ?

Any reason we didn’t take him as a rookie when we had the chance?

Scott Cummings.

(S)

Bad key forwards are overrated. Bad forwards are overrated. Don’t play a forward just because he’s the right shape for some idealised forward structure. Whatever 6 players on your list do the most damage on the scoreboard, play them. The defense has to stop you, not the other way around.

1 Like

Didn’t come from “a good family”

We took Draper, then he was gone by our next rookie pick.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/calder-cannons-onballer-ben-ronke-a-chance-to-join-essendon-in-afl-rookie-draft/news-story/6951cf06ba47737378d379115f497eb2

He didn’t get through the rookie draft so think we missed out

People need to bag the Dawks and Sicily more. Fark ‘em.

This kid had 7 tackles inside 50 himself.

Hope our boys were watching and taking notes…

I know stander2 will say this is cynical, but he would never be playing a game like that at Essendon. That is why we can’t unearth him.

(On the other hand - such a comment overlooks a player like Fantasia.)

They’d be tucked up in bed letting the warm milk do its thing.

4 Likes

I’m constantly abusing the hawks in my head, so sometimes I forget the last time I wrote it down. ■■■■ them all from the coach to the bootstudder.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense. Just one of those things then.

1 Like