Round Whatever it is Non Essington Games (Offical whats for dinner thread)

Why tell players we’ll re-rookie them? Just tell them if they are still around and we don’t find anyone we’ll pick them up.

Sheeds picked players like those we saw tonight. Toughness was a prerequisite. Since sheeds left, toughness has not been a KPI. So today we only have 4 or so really tough blokes in the team, and 2 of them were traded in last October.

1 Like

Ronke has played 3 games in a row, but our blokes cant play more than 2. But hey, we have Myers to protect the kids

1 Like

Why offer them anything? If they are not good enough for the main list then ■■■■ them off and get new ones.

Very true

Couldn’t agree more. If there’s one stance I’ve kept consistently it’s that re-rookieing players is a complete waste of time and list spots.

Sheeds also picked up guys because they were from New Zealand, and because they played well against us when we played Carlton.

2 Likes

Ronkes going to make it hard for buddy to get back in the side.

1 Like

Yes true, he did make mistakes. But his name doesnt have 3 letters starting with G and end in d

I do agree, though on the softness factor. We are soft as fk. I remember being offended by the marshmellow fiasco, all those years ago. Now I’d be happy if someone said it.

latter day sheeds was full boys club. the 2000 flag era was full boys club with players rushed from injury and as a result we got 1 when we should’ve had 3.

1 Like

Yep. Today we just play injured players for 7 games … because they are a star. Makes Worsfold sound as bad as Sheeds.

We could have nominated Ronke in the main draft and got him but we elected to take a rookie pick to use on a Ruckman. Could be argued that we wait that extra year for Draper since he may have been a good chance to go undrafted

1 Like

Am I seeing it right there are 6 games on tomorrow but only 1, Saints Freo on free to air at 8pm.

Welcome to the AFL.

2 Likes

Edit: I may have misunderstood you. If you were just saying we could have picked him with a pick in the ND like any other player, you’re correct. We couldn’t have done the whole nominate/match bid with points thing though.

I’m fairly sure that’s not correct. The first year of the NGA players was rookie B only. Teams could nominate them and add them to the rookie B list only if they weren’t taken at any other point in the draft. Otherwise the tigers would have got Simpkin, Kirby and Ratugolea as NGA picks.

2 Likes

anything been made of bruce’s

‘AWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHH THAT IS special’?

Off a step.

All I know is I saw him absolutely tear up a VAFA grand final playing for St Bernards as a 16 or 17 year old a few years ago and tracked his progress at Calder after that where he dominated and I was hoping we’d take him :frowning:

2 Likes