Rugby Union

3 sucked in to Mitchell there after the brilliant snap by Genia. we’re fighting it out gamely.

Great kick to set that up.

Reckon Giteau getting injured had been big for the Wallabies. Beale dangerous.
We must've just about cleared out the bench by now, it's like Essendon by round 18
Shuttin' brucks now, bro?

Not as much as our players

Gee this freaking ref.

Time for bed. Good game.

F*ck’s sake.

Deserved winners and ended up being a good game. Give the ole’ merino a good going over tonight.

Too many errors and gifted too much of the ball to them. Can’t expect a great side not to capitalise on it. Lost momentum with that putrid line out that lead to the Carter DG

Yeah the line outs were all one way.

Time for bed. Good game.
Congrats mate, you must be thrilled.
Over the moon!

Injured. 2019 will be his year

Well done New Zealand definitely the better team and it played out according to history and form. Not a surprise really, just disappointing.
Funny, with 15% of the New Zealand population living here for years I had hoped more of them would play Rugby for Australia, but I guess they mostly stull call, Auck-land home.

There is a few. Just not the good ones

Maybe we need to offer the better ones a lot more $$ to defect or pinch their kids earlier.

Tell me. When is it acceptable to impede the opposition in trying to play the ball once tackled and brought to ground? Sometimes its a penalty for, sometimes a penalty against.

It will be interesting to see how the teams line up after the post world cup retirements. The Wallabies probably need to get some more code hoppers from the ARL. Its all about money for them, but there is the talent reservoir we need to take us to the top of world rugby. The challenge is for the ARU to get the corporate funding and some good TV deals to make it happen. In this respect the personality and presence of Cheika is enormous.

Tell me. When is it acceptable to impede the opposition in trying to play the ball once tackled and brought to ground? Sometimes its a penalty for, sometimes a penalty against.

No one, not even the hardest core rugby fan, knows.

No one, not even the hardest core rugby fan, knows.

Mostly true. I still play a little and it is ridiculously complicated and depends on the ref a little too as to how much latitude they will give. Depends how the player hits the ground. Important for the tackled player to get a knee to the ground and then as long as you stay on your feet and enter through the gate you should be ok. Should be.

It will be interesting to see how the teams line up after the post world cup retirements. The Wallabies probably need to get some more code hoppers from the ARL. Its all about money for them, but there is the talent reservoir we need to take us to the top of world rugby. The challenge is for the ARU to get the corporate funding and some good TV deals to make it happen. In this respect the personality and presence of Cheika is enormous.

I dont think they need more code hoppers. I actually think the Wallabies will drift again before they become a power. They need more youth coming through and I think they have it but not ready for the Wallabies Jersey. You can select certain code hoppers but you dont get many that make it. SBW is a bench player, a good one but still a bench player. Folau is the exception but I think he would struggle away from FB (Struggle is the wrong word, but just think he needs that space and you dont need as intricate an understanding of the game from back there) and then you have Burgess who just couldnt cut it at all.

the Wallabies lost that game mostly in the set piece play. The ABs killed them in the line out and had the better of the scrums. The Aussies scrum will improve although I think playing two loosies means you are willing to risk the line out ball for the amount of ball you expect to get around the ground. Only thing was the Blacks defended the break down incredibly well and actually beat Pocock at his own game. McCaw was massive.

Think the Kiwis have the depth to cover, will be a dip as they are losing some of their best ever players but wouldnt expect the bottom to fall out.