Rugby Union

From what I have read it would be a smashing. As soon as rucks and mauls become a part of the game, the Kangaroos would be stuffed, ABs would be pilfering at will

But if they agree on a 5x stoppage limit, like in League, it would even it out a bit. Mauls probably would need to be excluded also. Look, I’m no expert but it makes for a fascinating concept.

I like the idea but I think they were looking at playing it league style in the defensive half and union in the attacking werent they? Skilled loose forwards will tear it to shreds

I would watch and sink many cans whilst doing so. I would invite every Australian I know to watch it with me. Death or Glory style

Met a former Wallaby through wrk - Bill Campbell.
Some blokes are brick shithouses - this dude is roughly three, maybe four, brick shithouses stacked on top of each other. Would not fancy trying to stop him.

2 Likes

Not a bad thing for the game that Northern Hemisphere teams looking do good. Scotland almost got us

Screw England.

Some unlucky but justifiable calls. England probably the form team in world rugby right now

Enough from you, England lover.

It hurts Digs. They have been average for so long. Must hurt more though when it is an Aussie that got them there

That E Jones is coach doesn’t bother me. I didn’t mind him when he was in charge of The Wallablies but his time was up when he was removed.

Not Ireland ??

AB… Don’t.

You can be a real jerkhole sometimes.

1 Like

To be honest, I think it highlights the issue with Cheika. The game plan seems hard work and the effort of the players seems variable. Scotland aren’t good enough to thrash the Wallabies.

The players are prone to switching off. It’s the end of the tour and they probably thought they were good enough to get past Scotland. They should know by now that they’re not good enough to get past any side without playing at 100%. I don’t think Cheika is asking them to do more than they’re capable of however, the question is whether the players are willing to do what their coach asks of them. You get the feeling that the relationship has peaked.

The (justified) red card really killed the game.

Of course you can make a case to say that the team should have found something extra and kept the game as a contest, which we didn’t manage. I think we treated the match with a bit of contempt by starting Moore and some of our defensive play before the red card wasn’t great. Despite all of that we may have won if it weren’t 14 vs. 15, and 13 vs 15 at the end.

Much less annoying than the England game.

I dont mind the attacked mindset from Australia. The teams who trouble the All Blacks tend to have that attacking mindset. You cant beat the kiwis by defending. They are too good and will find a way through. Its why we hate the French. So unpredictable.

I was in Auckland during the ‘99 WC. It was like the whole joint was in mourning after that semi. Nobody expected that.

I totally expected it and totally didn’t expect it. I am an incredibly pessimistic sports fan. It broke my heart though