Rugby Union

It’s a sad day when you don’t even turn it on @Diggers

Merge union into league and call it murderball. Keanu reeves can be national teams first captain and Usain Bolt can cut oranges quickly or something.

The decline of union seems like part of a general decline in the overall performance of Australian sporting teams. Rugbys deathknell seems to be mismanagement by god knows who and I think statistically in terms of attendances, junior participation and telly coverage it would be coming 4 th out of all the codes. Someone give me the stats for that. Soccers a bit of a basket case and it’s still more worth watching and that says something.

It used to be awesome when we used to beat he kiwis when the wallabies fell behind cricket, league, Aussie rules and maybe soccer (pre 05 - 06) in terms of a following - it was awesome one night in a pub about 10 or 12 years ago when a kiwi was spouting off in a pub down here about winning the World Cup and I could tell him that I missed it because I was watching us winning the ashes, Mark Webber winning on the broom brooms, little leyton in Wimbledon etc etc etc. it was like “oh was there a rugby World Cup in?”. The look on his sheep interfering face was priceless. if the wallabies won something it was just an added bonus in an immense sense of Australian pride.

Cricket, union, tennis, golf, swimming, hockey and whoever organised them should be flogged. Or at least have Caroline Wilson set upon them.

What the frig.

From this (file:///C:/Users/craig/AppData/Local/Temp/34648_AusPlay_summary_report_accessible_FINAL_updated_211216.pdf) 2016 report:

Rugby union is way down the list (18th). You are 100% correct, management have balls’ed it up completely. No FTA of the super rugby, expensive to play junior rugby with all money flowing upwards. I reckon unless you are a rugby purist, your kids wouldn’t be playing.

Not in tassie anyway. I filled in for the state comp once and ran in two tries. Believe me I’m not bragging. Down here it’s either old boys type, Polynesians or unco uni students. If anyone does pay attention to it it’s generally seen as private school where people say stuff like”well played sir” every time someone sticks their head up someone else’s bottom.

It’s behind curling. Which no one plays down here.

It was at Eden Park. They can hardly get within 20 points of the AB’s in Australia. Adelaide V Carlton would have been a more enjoyable waste of time.

1 Like

Is Mendoza the best name for a capital city in the world? If not then it’s in the Top 3.

Well, it would be, if BA wasn’t there. I bet no-one can name another city in Argentina.

fawklands island city

1 Like

Argentina are formidable. It’s good to see their growth.

Awesome nickname

Union suffers the same plight as basically every sporting code in Australia except Netball atm, poor management

Rugby had poor management before it was cool

1 Like

Australia down 14- 0 after 5 minutes

I swear the Wallabies have no game plan.

Which suddenly works

Wallabies just keep kicking away possession. And stupid little kicks despite playing at altitude. They need the ball in their hands. I don’t think they are giving the Pumas enough respect.

31- 7 at half time. Going to be some wild rugby in the second half. Cheika very possibly already unemployed.

The defense is giving the Pumas crazy levels of space.

The attack is mostly try to manufacture a try with silly kicks or pushing passes that aren’t there.

Still barely breaking even on their own lineouts. Had months to fix that up and it’s gotten worse.

Apparently safe regardless of result, as is Raelene Castle, … but, outside of those 2, there is supposedly big change afoot after this,

1 Like

And over for another, … working back into it.