Rugby Union

Australia looked ok in patches today. Just pushed the pass too often and not clinical enough. Also monstered up forward. They look hungrier than previously, just lack of talent/ polish.

@Allblack

teehee

That’s no good.

No issue whatsoever. 2nd best team in the world beat the best team. I love Irish rugby.

1 Like

You’re pretty relaxed about it. That’s 2x losses in 118 years with both losses coming within a few months of eac other. Another loss will require a parliamentary inquiry.

1 Like

We need some viable competition to ensure international rugby stays interesting. Clearly isn’t going to come from Wallabies. To be honest, I couldn’t begrudge Ireland winning the world cup next year.

Hey!! Bite your fking tongue!

We just beat Italy 26 to 7 my friend, … FKN ITALY!!

1 Like

Yeah. Just wait until we do over Wal…

Never mind.

1 Like

One for you @Diggers. Little different from cheika

Wallabies lose and Cheika blames the referees again. Long may his mediocrity reign.

cheikas not the problem. It’s whoever’s been managing it for the last 20 years and the complete lack of talent, or nourishment of what’s there.
Then again I couldn’t give a stuff about rugby. My opinions not worth a single bum sniff.

Aus will be lucky to get out of the group stage at the 2019 WC at this rate.

On a positive note, the Christian fundamentalist’s try just before half time was a pearler.

1 Like

Once upon a time the talent pool was that deep you could chuck him for being a homophobe.
Now he’s all they’ve got and he knows he can safely spout off to encourage the next gen to top themselves in shame.

1 Like

That’s a good point.

Plus he has the support of the “if I’m not offended, it’s not offensive” brigade so he can marginalise pretty much whomever he likes under the guise of freedom of speech.

When his current contract expires, those entrusted with furthering Rugby’s interests will be placed in a tough position. Pay him heaps to remain and be forced to explain why they’re rewarding a homophobe or don’t pay him and potentially lose him overseas or to NRL.

They badly need some talent to come through…

I don’t think the current position is Cheikas fault but he plays an outdated game plan which is predictable. Look what Schmidt has done with Ireland. Australia has more talent than its results reflect.

No it’s not all his fault but he shares some blame.

As you say the game plan is outdated but there are also games where is is not possible to tell what the game plan is as it breaks down completely.

Ugly to watch. Can’t help.

That was an epic choke from Foley last night. Crazy miss from a guy with his skills.

I agree with that reference to choking. Equivalent to missing a goal from 30m on a very slight angle…without having to worry about the ball drop.

1 Like

Agree but he wasn’t alone. It was an epic choke in general from the Waratahs.

Two cracking tries from the brumbies. Jeez, Banks looks like Latham.