Rumor Mill.... Essendon not releasing any players for AFLX?

Selwood: “You pick first”
Fyfe: “Nah, you pick first”

I just hope at least one of the captains pulls out late.

1 Like

No problem
Just like Davis Cup captains.

I knew Gil would get a “ bright idea” at the tennis

I don’t think injury is the concern, it’s the running. The bombers gps tracked our guys last year and the ones who played did a lot less running than those who did regular training, it impacts the base they’re building. This right in the peak of build up to round 1

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s not either of those reasons.

It’s because AFLX is just ■■■■!

1 Like

Statement from the club - “The Essendon playing group have decided to focus on the red ball football, forgoing millions by not making themselves available for the shorter silver ball version.”

Aaron Finch & Glen Maxwell have endorsed Essendon’s decision.

4 Likes

Surely it’s just our stars we refuse to let play if true.

Obviously they’d want as many bigger names to “create” interest.

Fark them.

What the ■■■■ is AFLX?

2 Likes

It’s a mis-spelling of AFLsuX.

6 Likes

AFLX can

3 Likes

Perhaps ‘injuries’ to certain Stars or set backs in rehab are a little more exaggerated because of it? That would be nice if true.

It’s been common knowledge in Western Australia that Woosha hates preseason games.

■■■■■■■ A!

1 Like

Essendon players sanctioned after breaking club curfew rules.

The entire Essendon playing list has been penalised for breaking a team curfew. In a first for the AFL, coach John Worsfold has punished all players by banning them from 3 AFL sanctioned games.

“The players, as a group, had set a curfew of 8:00pm during the pre-season. I learned that last Friday night, all the players went to Joey’s house for a BBQ and didn’t leave until 8:30.” Worsfold explained, “Its a tough penalty, but team rules are team rules. Sadly for the players it means that they will miss out on playing AFLX. Let that be a lesson to them”.

71 Likes

If true, that’s great news. If we do have to send some players I hope we just send the 3 players we drafted plus whatever rookies we picked up.

1 Like

Nathan Fyfe has joined Dangerfield in the group of money hungry sycophants.

Mate, if you want any opportunity to play football against quality opposition, surely you’d rather a real game of football against a real football side? Give us a spell.

1 Like

Where is Fyfe’s disclaimer “I’m on the AFL payroll for this one”.

AFLX Is as interesting as watching grass grow. Tell Marvel House to shove it were the sun don’t shine

2 Likes

Enjoy playing in an empty stadium nat

No worse than any other Freo game at Docklands (unless it’s versus us).

1 Like