Rutten unoffically appoints McGrath Captain

Throws Heppell under the bus (Heppell shouldn’t have lied on “On the Couch” if this version is true) and points to McGrath as how an on field leader should act…from today’s press conference…

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, Rutten caused some confusion when he claimed Heppell was in fact aware of the incident.“ He was aware of the incident,” Rutten said.

“The players now have all seen the vision, we’ve been really clear on the game as a club, we’ve reviewed it really hard like we always do, had some really honest reflections and now it’s about us going to work and making sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Rutten said the review was less about the opposition and more about his own side, but added players needed to stand up for their teammates.

“We need to stand up for each other. That‘s pretty clear. I thought Andy McGrath, after the Jye Caldwell incident, that’s the level that we expect of our players,” he said.

“I thought that was fantastic leadership, I thought it was a display of someone who really cares about the footy club and wants to make a difference. That‘s the quality of person Andy McGrath is and that’s what we need to see more of. The players are clear on that.”

1 Like

I was hoping someone would make a thread about this.

non-story. gurge thread.

2 Likes

Ben rutten murders 21 players as he didn’t mention them specifically in press conference, next on channel 7 news.

2 Likes

I think McGrath would be a good choice as Captain next year; however, he will needed support.
Would loved us to draft/trade/recruit a seasoned leader from another successful club; ie: Edwards from Richmond to support him.
Add Draper to the Leadership Group, as well as Laverde and I think we will be heading in the right direction.
Anyone the sooks should be traded.
Time to get tough, as the lunatics are running the Asylum.

Would be the most unthreatening captain in the competition since… Hepp.

5 Likes

If Rutten has deliberately contradicted Heppell then … Well… Why?

And frankly, I still believe Heppell.

The off field personnel of this club have shown themselves to be dishonest trash.

2 Likes

Oh look!
Another one!
Gurge

1 Like

“So it never happens again”

I wonder where I’ve heard that before….I know about three weeks ago fmd

1 Like

Fake news.

Heppell was aware of incident but hadnt seen the footage when he was on the couch.

All players watched the vision on Tuesday at the game review.

6 Likes

He didn’t.

4 Likes

Good.

fair enough, I have misinterpreted some parts.
I still standby the subject heading though

“We need to stand up for each other. That‘s pretty clear. I thought Andy McGrath, after the Jye Caldwell incident, that’s the level that we expect of our players,” he said.

“I thought that was fantastic leadership, I thought it was a display of someone who really cares about the footy club and wants to make a difference. That‘s the quality of person Andy McGrath is and that’s what we need to see more of. The players are clear on that.”

This thread needs more Clakson

2 Likes

RTB for Captain

CLAIM CLAKSON

1 Like

Read the thread title-you got my hopes up that we had punted Hep from the captaincy

Now I’m disappointed

Lol this thread

Blitz has lost the plot

Another thread in one of the strands in the cable.

Merrett is next captain, if anyone understands the need for team mates protecting each other it’s him, the poor guy has had a target on his head for half a decade and has barely had a team mate offer a kind word of support