Ryan Bastinac

He's a bit of a poor man's Stanton in that he doesn't work as hard or get as much of the pill as Stants, but there's plenty of upside there.

I’d happily downgrade the Melksham pick to North’s late 2nd for him. 39 seems unders.

You have to remember that his averages are sub effected.
And North only really have 1 outside running wingman (Dal Santo) as they prefer to have either run with taggers (Gibson), inside taggers (Jacobs) or inside ball winners.

He’s a bit of a poor man’s Stanton in that he doesn’t work as hard or get as much of the pill as Stants, but there’s plenty of upside there.

I’d happily downgrade the Melksham pick to North’s late 2nd for him. 39 seems unders.

I’d love him at our club.
I think he’s been treated poorly at North by their coaches. He’s not an inside player and will never be a contested ball beast. He is the perfect replacement for Stanton when he retires and being able to use Colyer, Zaharakis and Bastinac on a wing would really boost our running stocks.

If we could get him for our late 20s pick (the one we are supposedly getting for Melksham) then we should get him.

But I’m sure we’d play hardball and offer a pick in the 40s to have no chance of getting near a trade discussion anyway.

Would fit in well at the Vanilla Factory.

He's a bit of a poor man's Stanton in that he doesn't work as hard or get as much of the pill as Stants, but there's plenty of upside there.

You have to remember that his averages are sub effected.

Hardly. Sub once this year - and dropped for finals. He's mediocre, nothing wrong with him but seriously, aim to at least add something to the side.

Pass, not a good enough runner to be outside, not a good enough clearance player to be inside, not smart enough to be a true footballer.

Good pickup for a bottom dwelling club, not for us.

Think he’ll fit in well at Brisbane.
They need some luck with injuries but if they can get Christensen, Rich, Beams, Rockliff and Hanley all on the park supported by Mitch Robinson, Zorko, Taylor and Bastinac, then they are pretty much set in the midfield. Their problems will be getting the backline and forward line right which is going to take some time and effort.

Godfather is Craig Lambert. Hence Brisbane.

Do not rate or want! Move on.

Think he'll fit in well at Brisbane. They need some luck with injuries but if they can get Christensen, Rich, Beams, Rockliff and Hanley all on the park supported by Mitch Robinson, Zorko, Taylor and Bastinac, then they are pretty much set in the midfield. Their problems will be getting the backline and forward line right which is going to take some time and effort.
The last few years they've had 1 guy who's won clearances. Hence why they stunk even with all those guys getting a lot of the ball. They've fixed that problem this year by trading the one clearance winner to WCE. Why not fill his role with another outside guy. Good club.
Think he'll fit in well at Brisbane. They need some luck with injuries but if they can get Christensen, Rich, Beams, Rockliff and Hanley all on the park supported by Mitch Robinson, Zorko, Taylor and Bastinac, then they are pretty much set in the midfield. Their problems will be getting the backline and forward line right which is going to take some time and effort.
The last few years they've had 1 guy who's won clearances. Hence why they stunk even with all those guys getting a lot of the ball. They've fixed that problem this year by trading the one clearance winner to WCE. Why not fill his role with another outside guy. Good club.

Beams and Rockliff don’t win clearances?

Slight exaggeration on my behalf but they do have too many outside guys and not enough inside. I don’t see what adding one more solves, he’s not going to add any great degree of speed or class or hardness (etc etc) to the side, he’s just a guy who’s sort of OK.

Perhaps like Giles and Cooney for us it’s as much about just proving you can land someone. More likely Gregg Swann is an idiot.

Their midfield is good.
Their problem is finding forward targets and having a coach who sets up a decent game plan.
Aside from Zorko, Green and Brown, they haven’t had a forward target since Mitch Clark / Fevola and under Voss and Leppa they’ve don’t look anything like an organised team.

The problem with Bastinac is he is not very good.

Don’t like the name. No thanks

Don't like the name. No thanks

I like the name.
Has a touch of the ‘French Philosopher’ to it.

basticrap

amirite