Saints sack Pelchen

Most here would know of Chris Pelchen for his work with Hawthorn for many years before being poached by the Saints.

Well he just got the ■■■■ after the Saints reviewed their football department.

Give me Disco anyday!!!

Good, the guy deserves it

Good, the guy deserves it

i wonder if they are still using the 5 year draft strategy drafting 3 guys in the top 30.

Probably for passing up a gift horse in the GWS picks 4 & 7 for pick one trade that they somehow knocked back.

Weird timing. They sacked their coach in November last year and now their list manager after the trade period but before the national draft.

who gives a toss

Meh

Maybe they're having a Tambling moment.

About time.

A bit rough on him unless I’ve missed something.

Did well helping build the Hawks list (or at least bringing in talent).

How long has he been at the Saints? Two years? What more is expected to do with that aging list that farked up four or five years of drafting?

The Saints look like going down the Richmond path. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fail to win a final for the next ten years.

Surprised it took them so long to realise he was still working for Hawthorn.

Pelch.

The club knew he had to go when the players burnt an effigy of some guy nobody recognised.

A bit rough on him unless I've missed something.
How long has he been at the Saints? Two years? What more is expected to do with that aging list that farked up four or five years of drafting?
The Saints look like going down the Richmond path. I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to win a final for the next ten years.

Yeah I'd hate to be a club like that :(

Pelch.

Pelcho

ok, so he was at hawks from 2005 to 2011

2005:

Ellis (3)

Dowler (6)

Birchall (14)

Bailey (18)

Mustan (22)

2006:

Thorp (6)

renouf (24)

Morton (33)

Rioli (12)

Whitecross (29)

Dew (45)

Shoenmakers (16)

Shiels (34)

Lisle (50)

Savage (75)

Grimley (39)

Stratton (46)

Williams (56)

Hooper (57)

Should he really be getting as much credit as he does for the Hawks recruiting, or have I missed something? I know he did trade players and picks for Bourgoyne and Gibson who have gone on to become dual premiership players.

He was sacked? Twitter saying resigned, but perhaps a gentle push in that direction? If so it would be karma of sorts as he was instrumental in getting Watters sacked by all reports. There was talk a few years ago he would end up with us, but that was back in the Ian Robson days, obviously both knowing each other due to the Hawthorn link...

A bit rough on him unless I've missed something.
The Saints look like going down the Richmond path. I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to win a final for the next ten years.

Not surprised to see him found out at St Kilda.  Hawks insiders thought he was a cancer.  Lots of spreadsheets and presentations and bullshit like that but never delivered anything and loved to take credit for other people's work.  They were laughing when St Kilda took him.

For all their picks, they've had two wins (Billings and Dunstan) in the last three years.  Have a look at the ■■■■■ they've drafted since he joined in 2011:  http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/td-st-kilda-saints?year=2011

ok, so he was at hawks from 2005 to 2011

2005:

Ellis (3)

Dowler (6)

Birchall (14)

Bailey (18)

Mustan (22)

2006:

Thorp (6)

renouf (24)

Morton (33)

Rioli (12)

Whitecross (29)

Dew (45)

Shoenmakers (16)

Shiels (34)

Lisle (50)

Savage (75)

Grimley (39)

Stratton (46)

Williams (56)

Hooper (57)

Should he really be getting as much credit as he does for the Hawks recruiting, or have I missed something? I know he did trade players and picks for Bourgoyne and Gibson who have gone on to become dual premiership players.

The Burgoyne and Gibson trades were driven by Dunstall and Robson from what I understand

Felchen took credit