Sam Newman

People complained last year when Lindsay Thomas ran over the ball to bump Ben Reid, they clashed heads and under the interpreration at that time, Thomas was exonerated.

The AFL changed that loophole so PLAYERS know that if you bump and strike the head it = suspension.

Sam Newman the consumnate  TV performer - And he played footy just as well.

Sam's got 72,688 likes now wow thats amazing
to put that into perspective thats enough people to fill the MCG (But not to capacity)

LOL
Fill.... But not to capacity? Then how is it filled?

I was trying to give you an idea on how many like
No need to be a smart ■■■■

to put that into perspective thats enough people to fill the MCG (But not to capacity)

LOL

c'mon bd, it was pretty funny!?  :lol:

I just filled a 500ml bottle to capacity with 400ml of water.

I often fill myself with booze on a friday but not to capacity

LOL
c'mon bd, it was pretty funny!? :lol:

Yeah well I'm not laughing

No doubt the AFL have read a lot of reports from former AFL players and even from other sporting codes about latent brain issues from repeat concussions and are thoroughly worried.  It seems like a serious issue and one that the AFL can't ignore.

It's funny, Fyfe's bump was an unfortunate head clash by the look of it but if it was someone else who wasn't a Brownlow favourite, I cant imagine there would be the same uproar.

Not dissimilar to the Ryder/McPharlin bump. Intentional (and largely below head level, hence fair) bump with accidental high contact has been penalised for years.

He should start petitions about a lot of other things too!

Yeah like beer for $8 a cup thats a rip off

Coke $5.20 at Etihad

$5 for a pie it ridiculous, 

Paying $8 for less than a gallon of beer is ridiculous

Is that per gram? Very reasonable

Eating a 4&20 should be a jailable offence

I disagree with the odd thing that Sam does or says but overall, I think he's a sensational operator. A great media performer, highly intelligent, great at playing the clown role that he does on TFS, while also being highly respected amongst most football people.

Its incredible that he's been on air for as long as he has, yet every time he opens his mouth to speak people stop what they are doing and want to listen.

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with his position on the bump though, I can see both sides of the argument.

I don't mind Sam, (once I cottoned on that he was more a personality than a person), wouldn't mind getting to know the real person though.

As for the bump, there's a risk for getting rubbed out if there's a head clash, so players need to accept that there is a lot that can go wrong and there is an incredible amount of skill (or luck) involved in executing it correctly.

I wonder if the MRP would have rubbed Fyfe out if the same bump resulted in him being KO'd but the player he bumped having no ill effects & playing on.

I wonder if the MRP would have rubbed Fyfe out if the same bump resulted in him being KO'd but the player he bumped having no ill effects & playing on.

this is Sam's point exactly

Medical effects affect the outcome of the MRP's decision.  There's no secret there.

He should start petitions about a lot of other things too!

Yeah like beer for $8 a cup thats a rip off

Coke $5.20 at Etihad

$5 for a pie it ridiculous, 

Paying $8 for less than a gallon of beer is ridiculous

Is that per gram? Very reasonable

Eating a 4&20 should be a jailable offence

4and20 used to be a great pie, but about 10 years ago they went to ■■■■!

I just think that footyers these days should just not even bother getting out of bed, might just y'know step on something? In fact in bed you can sleep on your side with a twisted back or jar your neck on an over/undersized pillow. Perhaps they should just return to the womb?

Christ, what do we do with the footyers?

hes cluey and rational but no one takes him seriously because of his media persona.

hes been too easily ignored in the supplements bollocks.

Would prefer Sam on the rules committee over Kevin Fartlett, who is just full of wind.

KB is no longer on the rules of the game committee.  Sam would make a good addition however for one of the other buffoons.

He is a clown for the sake of the footy show ratings, for which he is well paid to do, but apparetnly is very different in real life.

It is amazing how whenever on the very rare occasion he does take the time to be serious about a football subject he makes a lot of sense and I usually agree with him.

Totally different person out of the spotlight too. It's just a character that he plays out in the media. People who hate "Sam" might actually really like John Newman.

Got a lot of time for him and his opinions.