Sam Reid

had a good patch in 2012 where he kicked multiple goals in 5 or 6 straight games

i think he has talent, but other than the period mentioned above, has he played a good game?

Reid needs a new home he is lost with theSwans. Membrey doesn’t need to be in the deal he is at best a second round more likely 3rd round pick type deal. I would expect another player of pick with Reid if it is included in the Ryyder deal. Ryder for Reid isn’t fair given how poor Reid has been. I think he would do well at a new environment. I think he would be a good fit for us gives us flexibility with Carlise. I would still want a Cam O’Shea or Ben Newton thrown in.

Would rather target Membrey - Has upside.

Given our best 22 already has enough talls (except maybe a 2nd ruck to replace Ryder) why on earth would be trade two top picks for Reid and steak knives?
■■■■■■ oath Pazza.

Welcome to Clunk City, my name is Jake Carlisle and I am the mayor of that town. Introducing my offsides Joe Daniher and Sam Reid. Does anyone need anything Clunked?

Apparently whilst not being unhappy at Sydney, is willing to listen to offers.

With the Ryder deal needing something, perhaps a 3 way deal with the Swans where they get picks 16 and 19, we get Reid (and Membrey) and Ryder heads to Port.

So, we'd be throwing in pick 19 because we didn't think we were getting bent over enough giving up Ryder for Reid?

With the Ryder deal needing something, perhaps a 3 way deal with the Swans where they get picks 16 and 19, we get Reid (and Membrey) and Ryder heads to Port.

So, we'd be throwing in pick 19 because we didn't think we were getting bent over enough giving up Ryder for Reid?

OK OK OK we'll throw in Hep as well and literally all our other draft picks.

Wasn't the whisper Reid and the Swans 1st rounder for Ryder? Doesn't seem to bad against the rubbish Port and Brissy are throwing up. Reid is a kid-22/3 years old- huge upside.

Gee, I get really exasperated on here when we expect these kids- and that's what most of our team are- are expected to have the complete package and the wisdom of solomon. I was barely shaving at his age, (ok I was a late developer), and I look back at some of the things I did and decisions I made- I was so immature. If any of you are 40-something parents, it is easy to say, "oh,he should be a gun by now, he's been in the system for x years". We're looking at it through the prism of an extra 20 or so years of life.

So would I want to speculate on a 23 year old tall marking forward, who one of the best teams of the last 20 years had offered a long term deal to keep him in their colours, knowing that he may be inconsistant at this stage of his career? If the deal was there, where do I sign..........

I don’t think Reid would be the worst pickup. He’s OK at either end, but he’s not exactly going to push Carlisle/Joe, or Hurley/Hooker out of one of the main KP spots. He’ll improve, he’s stagnated since his first year.

I would run like hell from his contract though, people reckon Hurley’s overpaid - Reid’s on the same sort of deal, ie more than Ryder. If we got their 1st pick (18?) and Reid, they’d have to be picking up 200k of his wage.

In my opinion, Sam Reid is a hugely talented forward with so much potential that won't be fulfilled in a forward line dominated by elite goal kickers. I could see him fitting in really well at Essendon, however him and Membrey may be overkill as they play in the same position. Would definitely rather Membrey, but I honestly think signing Reid would be great for the club too.

This!

I am all for Reid or Membrey but not both and certainly not a trade like pazza put. 

HTF did you guys get through reading 33,000 of Pazza’s posts ?

RESPECT

HTF did you guys get through reading 33,000 of Pazza's posts ?
RESPECT

By actually only reading 20% of them.

HTF did you guys get through reading 33,000 of Pazza's posts ?
RESPECT

By actually only reading 20% of them.

That % seems a tad high.
Anyhow, congrats on reclaiming the Victorian Boomerang title.
Great to see we have some high achievers on Blitz !

Fine, fine. Take Goddard, JD, Carlisle, Watson & Bellchambers as well.

We just have to get Reid & Membrey at literally any cost. One good player & two first round picks just won't cut it.

Fine, fine. Take Goddard, JD, Carlisle, Watson & Bellchambers as well.

We just have to get Reid & Membrey at literally any cost. One good player & two first round picks just won't cut it.

Perhaps we could give them a copy of our list, and all our draft picks, and tell them to circle what they want.