The Tennis thread

Bartoli retires.

Crazy Bomber on suicide watch. :(

What???

It's true!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wimbledon-champ-bartoli-retires-latest-025839568--ten.html

That’s weird. I follow her on twitter and she was only saying last night how excited she was for NYC. Geez. Hopefully just an overreaction.

I'll miss her.  She was fun and she was cute, and a very honest player.

Great time to go out when on top.

Has a Grand Slam on her CV.

I'll ask a question

Would a player prefer to reach No 1 or win a Grand Slam ?

Win a Grand Slam I would say.

Great time to go out when on top.

Has a Grand Slam on her CV.

I'll ask a question

Would a player prefer to reach No 1 or win a Grand Slam ?

GS. Would take Stosur's career over Wozniacki's.

Very strange this Bartoli retirement, with all these shifty stuff happening in tennis it really makes you question every time someone retires at a bizarre time, or misses tournaments due to injury. Hopefully its for the reasons that she says.

I'm going to introduce the double-handed forehand to my game so it will live on.

And screw Crazy B.

Sad that Martina is no longer commemorated.

Sad that Martina is no longer commemorated.

I'd go further and say it's a disgrace.

Win a Grand Slam I would say.

Especially if it's Wimbledon.

GS. Would take Stosur's career over Wozniacki's.

Very strange this Bartoli retirement, with all these shifty stuff happening in tennis it really makes you question every time someone retires at a bizarre time, or misses tournaments due to injury. Hopefully its for the reasons that she says.

Think most players would accept a Grand Slam rather than No 1.

You are more cynical than me about Bartoli's retirement - A solid player who reached her pinnacle a Grand Slam victory - Probably feels there is no need to battle on any more, as she's unlikely to win another Grand Slam. 

Fed is ranked 7th at US Open :frowning:

Nick Kyrgios has a bit of a future.

Bartoli retires.
Crazy Bomber on suicide watch. :(I

I have been in mourning for 10 days now...but the beautiful, amazing, courageous and brilliant Marion retired...my Marion! Well and truly the biggest news in the past month. I'm still in shock. I was with her at the beginning...mocked by many I was for supporting her...would never amount to anything the local mental unstables in this thread declared...but they were all wrong! Wimbledon champion. Runner-up. Multiple time Semi finalist.

And to all the haters, that's right, pretty much everyone in this thread who wrote her off (then tried to redeem themselves after her Wimbledon win) SUCK EGGS because you were all wrong. ■■■■■■■.

I'm going to introduce the double-handed forehand to my game so it will live on.

And screw Crazy B.

How does it feel to be so utterly and convincingly wrong...look you weren't on the free spirit/Rasta James Blake scale for making an ■■■■ of yourself, but you've been well and truly humbled, Iron Shiek style.

Stosur got growled in the 1st round by a qualifier.

Federer through. (Thank Christ)

1 Like

Stosur got growled in the 1st round by a qualifier.

Federer through. (Thank Christ)

I saw him. He played as good as he did round 1 of Wimbledon. Lets hope round 2 is a bit better :) He's looking beautiful in blue. He still gives the best on court interviews. <3 :)

He's gone back to his old raquet.

I recently bought a new raquet and was toying with going for an oversized head but was advised by the shopkeep that control is a problem with larger heads.

I'm flat out trying to keep the ball in play so control is a priority with me.

Could explain Federer's poor form of late because he's been using the large head for the last 6 months or so.