The Tennis thread

Waiting for the Sheep crook to come in from the left …

Can our boys learn a bit from these two. Just a bit?

How good a bloke does Rafa seem?

Can’t not like Rafa all up though.

Seems very humble, always.

Es Bueno

1st Grand Slam since 2012 for Fed? Wow. I knew it had been a while. He’s been in several finals since then, of course. Thats why im so pleased for him. At 35 years old, It’ll be a great exclamation mark on a ridiculous career if it does prove to be his last major title.

1st Grand Slam since 2012 for Fed? Wow. I knew it had been a while. He's been in several finals since then, of course. Thats why im so pleased for him. At 35 years old, It'll be a great exclamation mark on a ridiculous career if it does prove to be his last major title.
Federer is absolutely rapt.

Seems this one was really really important to him.

Yep, ^^, this was the one he wanted to go out on.

I don’t think he thinks he’s got anymore coming.

Ergh Hamish McLachlan

Winning a major at 35 in this era is ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. Rubber stamps him as GOAT.

35 is the new 30 in modern tennis. Crucial victory for Federer as he now has 18 GS’s to Nadal’'s 14 GS’s. Flip the result and it would be 17 to 15 – Nadal looking good for the French Open.

Where the ■■■■ is diggers?

Seriously great match by 2 of the best ever and both seem like nice people. I think the extra day of rest for Federer might have helped him. I’d love to see Rafa win another major. I really wanted Federer to win this one though.

35 is the new 30 in modern tennis. Crucial victory for Federer as he now has 18 GS's to Nadal''s 14 GS's. Flip the result and it would be 17 to 15 -- Nadal looking good for the French Open.
Don't think so, and most tennis players are usually done by early 30s.

Regarding joker taking over fed, he may well but the form drops off quickly, injuries become more regular and it’s harder to play through those injuries. Joker definitely has a couple more in him at least, next 18 months will be crucial for him though.

What a thrill to watch the match last night though I shamefully went to bed at 3am when it was 2 sets to 1.

Rafa - great to see him back at close to peak form. I love the toro and hope he can win 1-2 more slams.

Roger - Definitely the GOAT. Classical player, Champion bloke.

I thought that was a epic match.

Think Rafa will hopefully be back for another win at Rolland Garros.

Would expect Wimbledon and US to go to the Joker or Murray though.

Also goes to show that in how many years, there still is the big 4.

I could tell from Hong Kong that the ball was in. IN!

I could tell from Hong Kong that the ball was in. IN!

I thought that was a Thailand thing.

Lol.

I’ve missed you jerks.

I’m not sure your return will be as triumphant as Rogers.