The Tennis thread

Too hot for Tomic today. 28 degrees

He should just quit the game entirely. It appears all to hard for him at the moment.

Once his own personal bubble burst of not being a top few player he’s thrown the towel in.

Nobody will take that career highlight of winning the Bogota Open twice!

He should just quit the game entirely. It appears all to hard for him at the moment.

Once his own personal bubble burst of not being a top few player he’s thrown the towel in.

Too hot for Tomic today.
28 degrees

He’s made his few million, that’s all he wants.

So Kyrgios beat Djoko in straight sets. Did anybody see it?

Barty through to the SF in Malaysia. She could go all the way there with the top 4 seeds all dropping out. But good effort for her to get that far so early in her comeback.

1 Like

Barty can make top 40, even top 30 if she improves her training habits.

Good victory by Kyrgios, but probably says more about Joker.

2 Likes

Beat him twice now, not many out there outside the top 10 can say that, that’s Nadal and now joker twice, hate him as much as the next Aussie but he has runs on the board…

She’ll make a mint just from playing doubles. Her fitness can’t be too bad considering she’s in the doubles final at this tournament also. But she does look like she can lose some puppy fat.

I think she’s got the talent to be a top 15-20 player. Top 40 will come very soon I reckon

1 Like

She gave it all up when she was looking top 20… now she’s back but only 20+ ?? She’ll take scalps this year… can play, unless the focus is doubles, but she’s got more on offer than Stosur, and would beat Sam if they ever met

Yes “Big W”, only 20 still. She may have looked a good player, but her best ranking was 129. Doubles she was 12 in the world with 3 Grand Slam finals in 2013, I’m pretty sure that will be her focus to start with

I see you come here often, I stand by my “risqué” comments though, more so in a tennis thread than a yaco on a blitz forum…

1 Like

You hittin’ on me?

Is it that obvious??

Yeah, sorry but I’m taken

Then why ask?

So I can tell all my friends, der

Most women aussie tennis players seem to fall in the Stosur / S.Williams category than the Hingis / Sharapova category.

Dubai Open - Federer wastes 3 match points and loses, while Murray saves 7 match points and advances.

Kyrgios loses to Isner in 3 sets in the Semi’s at Acapulco - Nadal through to the final and in awesome form…

A Barty won the singles and doubles in Kuala Lumpur

1 Like