The Tennis thread

Whats a barty?

It’s a very good tennis player.

I believe it’s an old, old wooden ship, used in the civil war era?

2 Likes

And Isner beats Nadal in the final of the Acapulco Final. Surprising as Nadal had waltzed through to the final.

Isner?
It was Sam Querrey

1 Like

Yes it’s Querrey - Both tall Americans with booming serves - Good week for Querrey who will rise up the rankings from 40.

When she finds you, and she will find you, she will park a Barty sideways up your vent.

Definitely looks like Barty is developing a more sports ready body - She’s got a way to go but is on the right track.

Sounds exotic.

Kyrgios beats Novak again.
Fed just made Rafa his ■■■■■. Put on a clinic. Damn near perfection.
Plays Kyrgios next round

3 Likes

Saw The Matrix last night. I blame The Matrix.

That side of the draw is loaded - Just to make the semi’s from the draw will be an achievement for Kyrgios.

I get the feeling that he likes the challenge but is a little uninterested in the boring easy stuff he has to drudge through to get there.

1 Like

Good to see Barty beating Bouchard in the first round at Miami. Barty was actually favourite for the match, which says a bit more about where Bouchard is at.
Barty v Stosur rnd 2!

1 Like

It’s a possibility that Barty will win the WTA’s most improved player if she continues her improvement.

Stosur over Barty in straight sets.
Bit disappointing as would have been good to see Barty keep her winning streak going and climb a bit further up the rankings.

2 Likes

Federer touched up Rafa again.

Amazing start to the year. Aus Open, Indian Wells and now Miami.

How much is kygrios paying for Wimbledon? Looking good at the moment.

1 Like

Kyrgios is showing a level of consistency - Pushed Federer to three tie-breakers in the semi’s of Miami in the best match of the tournament.

1 Like

Sooooo… Kyrgios. Has the penny dropped with him? Showing promising signs, but still some way to go.

3 Likes